This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11/12). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: [SOLVED] 'News' - topic

'News' - topic 1 month 4 weeks ago #1

• Roel
  • New
Is there a way that i can add the 'news'-topic to the default 'my page'?
I can add it to the homepage but not to the 'my page'.
But while registered users start with their 'my page' it would be usefull to be able to put it on the 'my page' also.
Roel - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - www.roeljongman.nl
Windows10 - 64, Pale Moon 28.3.1 - webtrees 1.7.12 - Apache 2.2 - PHP 5.6.36 - MySQL 5.5.43 Community
The administrator has disabled public write access.

'News' - topic 1 month 4 weeks ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
Each *instance* of the block would have its own contents.

(To see this, add two news blocks to the family tree page. They have different contents, and are edited separately).

So, even if you could add a News block to each user, they would all be empty.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

'News' - topic 1 month 4 weeks ago #3

• Roel
  • New
Okay; then i have to 'live' with this fact.
My intention was to tell all users about recent changes that might be of interest for them.
Is there another way to do this?
Roel - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - www.roeljongman.nl
Windows10 - 64, Pale Moon 28.3.1 - webtrees 1.7.12 - Apache 2.2 - PHP 5.6.36 - MySQL 5.5.43 Community

'News' - topic 1 week 1 hour ago #4

• PeBu
  • New
Roel, is het geen optie om bijvoorbeeld elke maand of elke 2 maanden een email te sturen naar de leden van je stamboom, zodat je ze op de hoogte kunt brengen van de meest belangrijke veranderingen in je stamboom.

Translation:
Roel, for example, it is not an option to send an email every month or every 2 months to the members of your family tree, so that you can inform them of the most important changes to your family tree.

'News' - topic 3 days 2 hours ago #5

• Roel
  • New
Ja, dat doe ik ook wel, maar daarmee bereik ik alleen de geregistreerde gebruikers en niet de 'voorbijgangers'.

Yes, this is agood solution, but in that case i only reach the registered users and not the guests.

[SOLVED] 'News' - topic 3 days 2 hours ago #6

• Roel
  • New
Problem solved.

[SOLVED] 'News' - topic 3 days 1 hour ago #7

• bertkoor
  • Gold
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
Do you get any reaction on newsletters you send by email?

Visitors / guests do not have a "My" page. So how would that work?

The only public place is the News block on your Home page. You cannot force everybody to read it, but it's better than nothing.
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.9