This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11/12). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Can't get setup wizard to show

Can't get setup wizard to show 2 weeks 5 days ago #1

• Rusg323
  • New
Hello, I am trying to webtrees installed on my synology, and when I point my browser to the appropriate url I get the below error. I have tried to find a solution on Google and the forum but so far I have been unsuccessful. Any help or sugestions would be greatly appreciated!
Warning: require(./includes/session.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /volume1/web/Webtrees/index.php on line 31

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required './includes/session.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /volume1/web/Webtrees/index.php on line 31
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't get setup wizard to show 2 weeks 5 days ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
I'm guessing that when you copied the files to your server using FTP, that you didn't copy all the files.

Try copying them again?
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Can't get setup wizard to show 2 weeks 5 days ago #3

• Rusg323
  • New
Yes, I thought that might be the case so I reuploaded the files a second time. When that didn't work I did a search for session.php and couldn't find it on the server nor could I find it in the directory of the unzipped files from the GitHub release on my laptop, so I figured I was missing something. Just to confirm, that error does mean that a session.php file is missing correct? And if so where can I find it since it doesn't seem to be among the files I downloaded from GitHub either. Thanks for your help and quick response!

Can't get setup wizard to show 2 weeks 5 days ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
> it doesn't seem to be among the files I downloaded from GitHub either

Confirm which version you are trying to use.

The 1.7 code *does* have the file includes/session.php
The 2.0 code *does not* have the file includes/session.php
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Can't get setup wizard to show 2 weeks 5 days ago #5

• Rusg323
  • New
I have 2.0.0 Alpha.4 running on a virtual host but was having issues so I downloaded "webtrees-1.7.12.zip" to install on a second virtual host. I'll try downloading again when I get home since your saying the file is there.
Thanks

[SOLVED] Can't get setup wizard to show 2 weeks 5 days ago #6

• Rusg323
  • New
So I redownload the zip file from GitHub and uploaded them to the synology again, deleting the original and now it's working. Thanks for your help @fisharebest

[SOLVED] Can't get setup wizard to show 2 weeks 4 days ago #7

• Rusg323
  • New
Problem solved.