This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11/12). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Update from 1.7.12 to 1.7.13 goes wrong

Update from 1.7.12 to 1.7.13 goes wrong 1 week 3 days ago #1

  • Theo
  • Theo's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New
  • Posts: 2
Hallo,

Sinds een paar weken bezig, begonnen met 1.7.11, en heb daarom Webtree voorlopig (permanent?) op een Synology NAS staan die (voorlopig?) alleen lokaal te bereiken is.
Ben bezig ins en outs te doorgronden en bezig data vanuit DBASE over te zetten naar GEDCOM en loop daar tegen verschillende zaken aan.
(Welke ik, als ik er echt niet uitkom, later in dit forum om hulp zal vragen, personen en gezinnen export lukt al).

Heb een paar week geleden de update geprobeerd te doen van 1.7.11 naar 1.712 en dat leverde een bijna leeg scherm op.
Bij tussentijdse poging opnieuw pagina aanmelden kreeg ik het resultaat vergelijkbaar met afbeelding 2019.03.10-error upgrading webtree from 12to13.2.png

Na 45 minuten proces op NAS maar plat gegooid en alles gewist incl. MYSQL database (Ben toch nog in onderzoek c.q. experimenteel stadium) en "opnieuw" 1.712 geïnstalleerd en alles werkte na import gedcom backup.

Nu verscheen er melding bij inloggen dat de update naar 1.7.13 gereed was en deze upgrade gedaan.
Deze ging beter en verder dan de laatste keer maar bleef hangen bij bestanden kopiëren (zie afbeelding 2019.03.10-error upgrading webtree from 12to13.1.png).
Na dertig minuten hetzelfde scherm het volgende gedaan:
bestanden 1.7.13 handmatig op de server gezet, leverde geen resultaat op.
Bestanden in de directory data gewist behalve backup en dergelijke, resultaat was dat ik opnieuw Webtree kon configureren en hierna kwam de website met alle gegevens online, :-).

Gezien dat het updaten nu twee keer mis ging misschien een mogelijkheid om deze "bug" op te lossen voor toekomstige updates?
Hoor graag wat mogelijkheden zijn om dit te voorkomen en op te lossen.
(Kan een en ander nogmaals herhalen als het nodig is om zaken op te sporen.

M.v.g.

Hey,

Since a couple of weeks busy, started with 1.7.11, and have therefore installed Webtree temporarily (permanently?) On a Synology NAS that is (temporarily?) only accessible locally.
Am working on figuring ins and outs and busy transferring data from DBASE to GEDCOM and running up against various issues.
(Which, if I really can not figure it out, will ask for help later in this forum, individuals and families export already).

A few weeks ago I tried to do the update from 1.7.11 to 1.712 and that resulted in an almost empty screen.
In case of an interim attempt to login again, I got the result comparable with image 2019.03.10-error upgrading webtree from 12to13.2.png

After 45 minutes i stopped the process on NAS and erased everything incl. MYSQL database (Being still in research or experimental stage) and installed 1.712 and everything worked after import gedcom backup.

Now there appeared on logging in that the update to 1.7.13 was ready and did this update.
This went better then the last time and further but kept hanging on copying files (see image 2019.03.10-error upgrading webtree from 12to13.1.png).
After thirty minutes looking at the same screen did the following:
Copied the files 1.7.13 manually put on the server, yielded no result.
Files in the directory data deleted except backup and the like, the result was that I could configure Webtree again and after this the website with all data came online, :-).

Given that updating now went wrong twice, it might be possible to solve this "bug" for future updates?
Hope to Hear how to be able to prevent and solve this.
(Can repeat it again if it is necessary to trace things.

Best regards,
Attachments:
doe al 40 jaar genealogisch onderzoek (opgeslagen in Dbase 3.x, 4.x, 5,x en 7.x en niet compatibel met GEDCOM :-((
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Update from 1.7.12 to 1.7.13 goes wrong 1 week 3 days ago #2

  • fisharebest
  • fisharebest's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 10825
> This went better then the last time and further but kept hanging on copying files

Most likely, the server ran out of time - and did not copy all the files.

> Given that updating now went wrong twice, it might be possible to solve this "bug" for future updates?

The upgrade has been rewritten for webtrees 2.0.0.

In 1,7, the upgade needed to complete *all* steps in the time limit.
In 2.0, the upgrade needs to complete *each* step in the time limit.

Also, in 2.0, we detect if the time limit is reached, and display an error message.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Update from 1.7.12 to 1.7.13 goes wrong 1 week 2 days ago #3

  • Theo
  • Theo's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New
  • Posts: 2
Hello Greg,

Thanx for the quick reply.

Will wait and see if 2.0 wil work with the update proces.

Gr.

Theo Smallie
doe al 40 jaar genealogisch onderzoek (opgeslagen in Dbase 3.x, 4.x, 5,x en 7.x en niet compatibel met GEDCOM :-((
The administrator has disabled public write access.

[SOLVED] Update from 1.7.12 to 1.7.13 goes wrong 1 week 2 days ago #4

  • Theo
  • Theo's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New
  • Posts: 2
Problem solved.
doe al 40 jaar genealogisch onderzoek (opgeslagen in Dbase 3.x, 4.x, 5,x en 7.x en niet compatibel met GEDCOM :-((
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Powered by Kunena Forum