This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11/12). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: Fanchart broken in 1.7.13 ?

Fanchart broken in 1.7.13 ? 1 week 3 days ago #1

• hlein
  • Junior
After updating to 1.7.13 the Fanchart seems to be broken. There is no response after clicking the "view" button.

This seems to be a problem of national characters in the names and "JIS-mapped Japanese Font Support enabled" (which I cannot uninstall). The problem disappears if I substitute the national characters in FanchartController.php by instering this code after line 282 (before "calculate text position):
//  Bypass Umlaut rendering problem for usage with Japanese Font enabled
               $gdinfo = gd_info();
               if ($gdinfo['JIS-mapped Japanese Font Support']) {
                  $arr_1 = array ( 'ä', 'ö', 'ü', 'Ä', 'Ö', 'Ü', 'ß', 'Æ', 'š', 'Š', '–', '…'); 
                  $arr_2 = array ( 'ä', 'ö', 'ü', 'Ä', 'Ö', 'Ü', 'ß', 'Æ', 'ss', 'Ss', '—', '...' );   // translate š, Š to old Czech mode
                  for ( $i = 0; $i < sizeof($arr_1); $i++ )
                  {
                     $text = str_replace ( $arr_1[$i], $arr_2[$i], $text );
                  }
               }

logged error messages are something like:
/data/web/e74015/html/webtrees/app/Controller/FanchartController.php:308 imagettftext(): any2eucjp(): invalid code in input string
#0 unknown:unknown ErrorException("imagettftext(): any2eucjp(): invalid code in input string")
#1 /app/Controller/FanchartController.php:308 imagettftext([resource], 7, -101.25, 526.73022878753864, 258.00490144383025, 1, '/data/web/e74015/html/webtrees…', '         Maria Anna Hirsch
   …')
#2 /fanchart.php:128 generateFanChart('html')
Regards
Helmut
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by hlein. Reason: better explanation
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fanchart broken in 1.7.13 ? 1 week 3 days ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
> There is no response after clicking the "view" button.

No response generally indicates an error, and we will need to find the error message.

Perhaps look in:

the webserver error log.
the webtrees error log.
the HTML source for the page

> it seems to work if app/Controller/FanchartController.php is replaced with the version 1.7.11

This seems very strange. There are no code-changes in the files. Only some layout changes (i.e. spaces/tabs/newlines).

git diff --ignore-space-change 1.7.11..1.7.13 app/Controller/FanchartController.php

Did you change anything else, or just this file?
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Fanchart broken in 1.7.13 ? 1 week 3 days ago #3

• hlein
  • Junior
Please see better explanation in modified post. It has to do with national characters and PHP (already present in some previous releases).

I also had modified the 1.7.11 version with the above bypass.
Regards
Helmut