This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11/12). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Upgrade error

Upgrade error 2 months 1 day ago #1

• drinkdeuchars
  • New
I tried to upgrade but got the following error ...

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Fisharebest\Webtrees\{closure}() must be an instance of Exception, instance of Error given in /home4/dleitch/public_html/webtrees/includes/session.php:197 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Fisharebest\Webtrees\{closure}(Object(Error)) #1 {main} thrown in /home4/dleitch/public_html/webtrees/includes/session.php on line 197

How do I unwind any changes performed during the attempted update or simply recover my site?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Upgrade error 2 months 1 day ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
What version of webtrees did you upgrade FROM?
What version of webtrees did you upgrade TO?
What version of PHP are you using?
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Upgrade error 2 months 1 day ago #3

• drinkdeuchars
  • New
Sorry, I can't remember seeing which version I was upgrading from and I have no way going back to see what I had. Is there a way to examine the sources to find out?

Sorry also to be utterly unhelpful here with the upgrade to version. but I think I chose the latest when using the upgrade tool.

This error came from PHP 7.0. When I switch to PHP 5.6, I get a 404 error from session.php, 'Fisharebest\Webtrees\Tree' not found.

Any help to get back to any working version would be appreciated at this stage.

Thanks,
Dave.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by drinkdeuchars.

Upgrade error 2 months 23 hours ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
> I tried to upgrade but got the following error ...

Did this happen

during the upgrade?
after the upgrade?
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Upgrade error 2 months 23 hours ago #5

• drinkdeuchars
  • New
During the upgrade there were a series of steps that passed but it did stop with an error. Subsequent visits to my site resulted in this error being displayed.
Last Edit: 2 months 23 hours ago by drinkdeuchars.

Upgrade error 2 months 23 hours ago #6

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
OK, so we'll work on the assumption that the automatic upgrade failed - probably due to time/resources limits.

You need to upgrade manually - which is a simple case of copying the new files to the server.

Download webtrees-1.7.13.zip from github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/releases

Unpack the zip file locally.

Copy the files to the server (e.g. using FTP), overwriting all the existing files.

If you then get a message telling you that your site is offline for maintentance, find and delete the file data/offline.txt

[SOLVED] Upgrade error 2 months 23 hours ago #7

• drinkdeuchars
  • New
Problem solved.
Many thanks!
Last Edit: 2 months 23 hours ago by drinkdeuchars.