This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: Upgrade fails on server

Upgrade fails on server 2 months 2 weeks ago #1

• tws
  • New
Hello all,

I am using PHP 7.2 on my server. The upgrade fails with following error message:

Entpacke webtrees-1.7.10.zip in ein temporäres Verzeichnis…/nhldata/426/132426/data/web/web01/htdocs/webtrees/includes/session.php:193 /nhldata/426/132426/data/web/web01/htdocs/webtrees/vendor/pclzip/pclzip/pclzip.lib.php:1797 A non well formed numeric value encountered #0 /vendor/pclzip/pclzip/pclzip.lib.php:1797 ErrorException("/nhldata/426/132426/data/web/web01/htdocs/webtrees/vendor/pclzip/pclzip/pclzip.lib.php:1797 A non well formed numeric value encountered") #1 /vendor/pclzip/pclzip/pclzip.lib.php:783 privOptionDefaultThreshold([array]) #2 /admin_site_upgrade.php:296 extract(77001, '/nhldata/426/132426/data/web/w…', 77003, 'webtrees', 77016)

Please help

Regards
Thomas
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Upgrade fails on server 2 months 2 weeks ago #2

• bertkoor
  • Gold
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.9

Upgrade fails on server 2 months 2 weeks ago #3

• tws
  • New
I reviewed that. Unfortunately the solution described there does not solve the problem.

I have meanwhile upgraded manually :-(

Upgrade fails on server 2 months 2 weeks ago #4

• mp
  • Junior
For the automatic update it would have been enough to set the PHP version to 7.0. Thereafter can be reset to 7.2.
Martin - ffp.bauschaffen.de

Upgrade fails on server 2 months 3 days ago #5

• anjop
  • New
Good evening!

I got the same message as Thomas:

Entpacke webtrees-1.7.10.zip in ein temporäres Verzeichnis…/nhldata/426/132426/data/web/web01/htdocs/webtrees/includes/session.php:193 /nhldata/426/132426/data/web/web01/htdocs/webtrees/vendor/pclzip/pclzip/pclzip.lib.php:1797 A non well formed numeric value encountered #0 /vendor/pclzip/pclzip/pclzip.lib.php:1797 ErrorException("/nhldata/426/132426/data/web/web01/htdocs/webtrees/vendor/pclzip/pclzip/pclzip.lib.php:1797 A non well formed numeric value encountered") #1 /vendor/pclzip/pclzip/pclzip.lib.php:783 privOptionDefaultThreshold([array]) #2 /admin_site_upgrade.php:296 extract(77001, '/nhldata/426/132426/data/web/w…', 77003, 'webtrees', 77016)

And the screen just stopped and nothing changed for a while. As many seam to have this problem I tried what is suggested in one of many threads, just to change the PHP 7.2 back to PHP 7.0 on my providers admin. Then not knowing what to do with the webtree installation, still in the above mentioned situation I just made "refresh" (PC F5 and Mac cmd+r) and the whole update process started again and went trough smooth! I am not sure if this is a secure method, but I am happy it worked.

At the beginning there was a warning concerning the fancy modules that the maybe are not compatible with wt 7.11. But it seems that there are no problems, they just work as before. At least till now it seams so.

Changing the memory_limit of PHP into numeric instead of alphanumeric as suggested in another thread doesn't work with my provider. There is only the option 128MB or +25%. see attached screenshot.
Thanks for all peoples ideas!
We love to travel, meet people and enjoy nature!
www.paul-engl.at
www.helmutpaul.at
www.lippsfamilie.de
www.sion.at