This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11/12). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: Website log is just 1 hour late

Website log is just 1 hour late 3 weeks 5 days ago #1

• Rheydter
  • New
Hi,
it´s just like written above: Website log is exactly one hour behind correct german time. Is that a matter off WBT or maybe it´s my web hosters fault ?
Any ideas ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Website log is just 1 hour late 3 weeks 5 days ago #2

• dbq-andersons
  • New
Looking at my logs, they appear to be in GMT/UTC as well (six hours ahead of my server's location).

If that can be changed for the WebTrees site logs, I'm not sure where to do it.

Bill
Bill Anderson | Onalaska, WI | genealogy.dbq-andersons.com
Webtrees 1.7.12 | Apache 2.4.29-1 | PHP 7.2.13-1 | MySQL 5.7.24
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Running on a PC in My Basement

Website log is just 1 hour late 3 weeks 4 days ago #3

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
webtrees uses the time from the database for it's internal clock (the database may be on a different server to the webserver, and may have different clock-times and/or time-zones).

On the genealogy pages, webtrees converts to the user's local time. This is why there is a time-zone field in the user profile and in the family tree preferences.

For example, the "on-this-day" block needs to know the timezone, as we can have two visitors on different sides of the date-line, and who need to see different days.

Since you can have a different time-zone for each tree, what should we do for things like the system logs, which include entries for different trees? Also, there can be multiple administrators (in different timezones) looking at the same logs, so they need to be consistent.

So - we do not convert these. These logs are in whatever time-zone is defined by your database server.
To find out what this is, go to the control-panel, website, server information and look for "time_zone" in the MySQL variables.

If it is your own server, then add a line such as this to your my.cnf and restart MySQL.

time-zone = +06:00
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Website log is just 1 hour late 3 weeks 3 days ago #4

• dbq-andersons
  • New
Thanks for the explanation, Greg. As usual, I didn't know what I was talking about :-)

Cheers,

Bill
Bill Anderson | Onalaska, WI | genealogy.dbq-andersons.com
Webtrees 1.7.12 | Apache 2.4.29-1 | PHP 7.2.13-1 | MySQL 5.7.24
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Running on a PC in My Basement