This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11/12). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: [SOLVED] pending changes e-mail sent only after login

pending changes e-mail sent only after login 3 weeks 2 days ago #1

• ylar
  • New
hi, I get pending changes e-mail only after i have logged in to the webtrees website. Earlier it has worked normally, ie e-mails have been sent the next day after changes have been made, not requiring to log in to the website.

After i have logged in, i really dont need to get emails anymore.

webtrees is latest version

What can I do to solve the problem?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

pending changes e-mail sent only after login 3 weeks 2 days ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
The code that sends emails is activated when someone views the home page of your site (which contains the "pending changes" block).

For most people, search engines (or other users) will visit this page frequently.

If you have no emails, then I guess that nobody is visiting your site - or perhaps your site is private and the home page is not shown to visitors.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

pending changes e-mail sent only after login 3 weeks 2 days ago #3

• ylar
  • New
hi, thanks for answer.

I saw from webalizer statistics that among other hits there was hit for a directory "webtrees" where this website is installed. Should this be ok or is there some more specific hit required?

Ülar

pending changes e-mail sent only after login 3 weeks 1 day ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
> Should this be ok or is there some more specific hit required?

The request should be for the page that includes the pending changes block.

e.g. index.php?ctype=gedcom&ged=XXXX

The request for the webtrees folder should redirect to this page. (Unless the tree is private).
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

pending changes e-mail sent only after login 3 weeks 11 hours ago #5

• ylar
  • New
Hi,

I dont thik website is private. Of course access to currently living persons is restricted by signing in and certain by 10 step chain from logged in user. My website index page is accessible by google but when I am not signed in, pending changes block is not visible. Should it be visible somehow for the emails to be sent? If it helps, the website address is www.jyrviste.pri.ee/webtrees/index.php?c...com&ged=SUGUVOSA.GED

Ülar

pending changes e-mail sent only after login 2 weeks 6 days ago #6

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
> when I am not signed in, pending changes block is not visible

Have you set the privacy/access for this block to hide it from visitors?
If so, make it public.

Visitors (i.e. search engines, etc.) need to be able to see the block, so that it can send messages.

It will only show information if there are changes that the current user has permission to accept.

Therefore it will appear empty for other users.

[SOLVED] pending changes e-mail sent only after login 2 weeks 5 days ago #7

• ylar
  • New
Problem solved.