This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.2). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Page loading very slow 5 years 4 months ago #1

• Tellurian55
  • Tellurian55's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have webtrees 1.7.2 installed on a shared server. I have been using it as a single user trouble free for a few months now. In the last couple of days I decided to invite some other family users. I have now found that when more than one user is logged in the system slows down considerably with pages taking ages to load. I have contacted my server provider (Westhost) to see if there are any issues at there end and am waiting on a reply. However, is there anything I can do at my end?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tellurian55.

Page loading very slow 5 years 4 months ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Your site seems OK at the moment.

Pages are being generated in about 0.15 seconds (you can see this if you view the HTML source of a page and scroll down).

> I have now found that when more than one user is logged in the system

There can be many reasons for slow pages, and it is not possible to give generic advice.. Your server could be configured to limit the number of concurrent scripts, so that at peak times, requests queue up. (i.e. delayed, rather than slow).

Is this a virtual host (i.e. where you install/configure the database, the webserver, etc.) or is it a managed server where you just use the config provided by your server. If it is a virtual host you may be able to investigate. Otherwise, you'll probably need to wait for your provider.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Page loading very slow 5 years 4 months ago #3

• Tellurian55
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Greg - yes I get the same speed with the home page - it slows down when I try to log in and any page thereafter. The site is on a managed server. I have contacted them and am guessing the fault lies at that end. I just wanted to make sure there was nothing I can do at this end.

Page loading very slow 5 years 4 months ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
> it slows down when I try to log in and any page thereafter.

Can you create a login for me so I can take a look?

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Page loading very slow 5 years 4 months ago #5

• Tellurian55
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I've set up a visitor user: user name: webtrees, password: webtrees

Page loading very slow 5 years 4 months ago #6

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I've tried logging in/out several times, and don't see any difference in performance or response times.

Your site is tiny, and should be fast on even the smallest of servers.

Page loading very slow 5 years 4 months ago #7

• Tellurian55
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have just logged in and out several times myself and there is now no problem. I am waiting for some other users to log in to see if that is the issue but my guess is there was a problem at the managed server end. Alas my server provider assure me they have had no reported issues over the last few days.

• Page: