Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.2). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

Question [SOLVED] Change Passwords in wt_user

More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by dick
Change Passwords in wt_user was created by dick
My password (which I have written down will not work once more. I am in "wt_user" at "password" isn't there a word to enter and then go to the program and change your password? Or can I enter a new password directly in wt_user?

Dick

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
barmannsbar.com/webtrees

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Change Passwords in wt_user
If your email is set up correctly, then you can hopefully just click the "I forgot my password" link, and a new password will be sent to you.

Otherwise, if you want to update the database, set the "password" column to this - which is the encrypted version of "password".

$1$OhXPSaXo$dPoqIjEM5H18dibHdfVJI0

After you've logged in, you can change the password.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

More
8 years 2 months ago #3 by dick
Replied by dick on topic Change Passwords in wt_user
I set the data base password to the code you supplied. I opened up webtrees and inserted the Username and the Encrypted password you supplied. (cut and Paste). Still says wrong password.

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)
barmannsbar.com/webtrees

More
8 years 2 months ago #4 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Change Passwords in wt_user
> I opened up webtrees and inserted the Username and the Encrypted password you supplied.

Not quite. You should put "$1$OhXPSaXo$dPoqIjEM5H18dibHdfVJI0" in the database, and then log in with "password".

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

More
8 years 2 months ago #5 by dick
Replied by dick on topic [SOLVED] Change Passwords in wt_user
Problem solved.

barmannsbar.com/webtrees