Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.2). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

Question Again I'new here...

More
8 years 1 month ago #1 by Fran
Again I'new here... was created by Fran
I'm not an English native speaker, so I apologize in advance because I guess it will be dificult for me to do myself understable...

My problem:

I uploaded (is it the rigt Word? upload?) a GEDCOM file from Family tree builder with all my data.
After doing that I continue adding new people and new data from older ones in FTB and also in webtrees.

My problem is that I think the new GEDCOM file changes the old one for it self, is not "upgrading" the old one, I mean if I changed something in webtrees I'm loosing it because the new GEDCOM replaces all that is already in webtrees.

Is it posible to "ADD" my new data in webtrees without losing all the former data in webtrees?

I don't know if I could express myself in order you understand me because of my English language ...

Thanks a lot in advance for all inconveniences.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Again I'new here...
Hi Fran,

If I understand you...

1. You copied your data from FTB to webtrees (via a GEDCOM file).
2. You made some changes in FTB.
3. You made some different changes in webtrees.
4. You want to merge the changes.

I do not think that there is no easy solution.

You can view all the changes in webtrees (Control panel -> Manage family trees -> Changes log).
If there are only a small number of changes, you can make the same changes in FTB.

In future, it is best to make all your changes in one program only.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by Fran
Replied by Fran on topic Again I'new here...
Thanks you understand me very well.

So, If I only change data in FTB, How can I merge the new GEDCOM with the existing data in webtrees?

More
8 years 1 month ago #4 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Again I'new here...
> So, If I only change data in FTB, How can I merge the new GEDCOM with the existing data in webtrees?

You cannot merge.
You can replace.

1) update FTB.
2) export to GEDCOM
3) import the GEDCOM into webtrees.

GEDCOM is designed to transfer a complete tree from one system to another.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net