This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.2). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Upgrade to 1.7.3 stops - and gives error

Upgrade to 1.7.3 stops - and gives error 2 years 3 months ago #1

• nwj
  • New
I had 1.7.2 installed - with about 170 people in the single tree.

I clicked the upgrade path to 1.7.3. It gave a series of messages with ticks down to "Copy Files".

After 20 minutes or so in that state, I clicked "refresh"

I get the message
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cal_days_in_month() in /../webtrees/vendor/fisharebest/ext-calendar/src/shims.php on line 55

Other than the screen I could find nothing that looks like a log.

Thanks for any help,
Neil
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Upgrade to 1.7.3 stops - and gives error 2 years 3 months ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
This error sounds like you have a mix of files from 1.7.2 an 1.7.3.

My guess is that your server timed out while copying the files. 30 seconds is a typical default server limit.

Your solution is to complete the upgrade manually. i.e. download webtrees-1.7.3.zip, extract the files, and copy them to the server via FTP.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Upgrade to 1.7.3 stops - and gives error 2 years 3 months ago #3

• nwj
  • New
Thank you, particularly for speedy reply. To avoid the mixture (tried overwriting with 1.7.3 first, but got same error), I wiped the existing directory and installed a clean one. Then copied over the /data/config.ini.php

However I then get:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

So then renamed the config.ini.php - same error - then deleted all the SQL tables (having done a backup) - same error.

That is, I have a clean 1.7.3 installation and no configuration file. So expecting it to ask me to enter config information and load data.

PHP is 5.4.42; MySQL is 5.6.29

Thanks for any ideas.

Upgrade to 1.7.3 stops - and gives error 2 years 3 months ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
> To avoid the mixture (tried overwriting with 1.7.3 first, but got same error), I wiped the existing directory and installed a clean one. Then copied over the /data/config.ini.php

That should have worked.

> More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

More information almost certainly *is* available in the error log.

If you can get access to your webserver (i.e. apache) error logs, we can quickly tell you the cause.

Otherwise, there are thousands of ways a server can give this error message.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Upgrade to 1.7.3 stops - and gives error 2 years 3 months ago #5

• nwj
  • New
As I cannot see the logs, I raised a support request with my ISP.

They informed me that it was a permission issue - but not what. After that, I could access the setup page and re-import everything.

Thanks for help. I'll close this thread.

[SOLVED] Upgrade to 1.7.3 stops - and gives error 2 years 3 months ago #6

• nwj
  • New
Problem solved.