This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.4). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Is this privacy setting possible with webtrees ? 5 years 1 month ago #1

• Bryld
  • Bryld's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
www.bryld.dk/pgv/pedigree.php?PEDIGREE_GENERATIONS=4&rootid=I1

My old PhpGedView implementation is in need of an update, but my experiments with webtrees and kiwitrees have left me with the impression that the pedigree view I desire (see link above) is impossible to obtain with either.

As you can see, the root person (my son) is set to private, as is his mother and his grandparents (they are alle alive). I am set to visible as an individual privacy setting even if (still) alive, so I can be seen.

My attempts to create a similar view in webtrees have hit hard ground, as private persons apparently can't be the root of a pedigree view.

Or am I missing a setting somewhere? I hope so....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bryld.

Is this privacy setting possible with webtrees ? 5 years 1 month ago #2

• Jackie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hi,

Why would you show all details of a living individual? Don't you know about identity stealing?

webtrees privacy protects livings.
Control panel -> Family trees -> Manage family trees ->
Though, you may set « Show names of private individuals » to « Show to visitors »
AND
« Show private relationships » to « Show to visitors ».

webtrees will then display only the name of your son and the links to you and your wife, and so on.

Last edit: by Jackie.

Is this privacy setting possible with webtrees ? 5 years 1 month ago #3

• Bryld
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Though, you may set « Show names of private individuals » to « Show to visitors »
AND
« Show private relationships » to « Show to visitors ».

Thanks for the reply - I do care for privacy, so in my current implementation not even the names of living individuals are marked more than "Private" (though gender can be inferred). Showing all names of all living individuals is not preferable.

My problem is, that privately marked individuals dont's seem to be able to be in the pedigrees at all, and certainly not at the root the way they are in my old PhpGedView based site.

Is this privacy setting possible with webtrees ? 5 years 1 month ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
It might be possible to allow this without too much difficulty. If you could raise an issue at github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues I'll look at it as soon as I get a chance.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Is this privacy setting possible with webtrees ? 5 years 1 month ago #5

• Jackie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Greg, that would be great !
I will then be able to hide names of livings, and still show the relationships to visitors on my own site.

Is this privacy setting possible with webtrees ? 5 years 1 month ago #6

• Bryld
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

It might be possible to allow this without too much difficulty. If you could raise an issue at github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues I'll look at it as soon as I get a chance.

That would be splendid, if at all possible.

I have posted my request here:

github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues/876

[SOLVED] Is this privacy setting possible with webtrees ? 4 years 4 months ago #7

• Bryld
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Problem solved.

• Page: