This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.4). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SQL error after upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04 4 years 10 months ago #1

• karll
  • karll's Avatar Topic Author
I have upgraded my system to Ubunt 16.04 (PHP7.0 and MySQL 5.7) and now i'am receiving this error:
/var/www/webtrees/app/Statement.php:82 SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1055 Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'webtrees.wt_name.n_givn' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by #0 /app/Statement.php:82 PDOException("SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1055 Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'webtrees.wt_name.n_givn' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by") #1 /app/Query/QueryName.php:382 execute([array]) #2 /indilist.php:217 givenAlpha([Tree], 'LOVINK', 'L', false, false)

This only happens when I select Lists -> Individuals -> <A-Z>.
When the lastnames has enough records to display a list from A-Z for the firstname the error pops up.
Any idea what could cause this problem?

Greetz,
Karl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SQL error after upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04 4 years 10 months ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The changes for MySQL5.7 / ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY were made last year
(github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/commit/f...da7ee91ba83150b07208)

I guess this one was missed :-(

It should be easy to fix. Can you create a bug report at github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

SQL error after upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04 4 years 10 months ago #3

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
> It should be easy to fix. Can you create a bug report at github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues

It was easy. If you are confident to edit files, there are two lines to change. See:

github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/commit/7...ae973054c67d759764ad
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Page: