This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.4). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Can't install Database problem 4 years 10 months ago #1

• p3aul
  • p3aul's Avatar Topic Author
I can't connect to Mysql database I created for webtrees.
This the unhelpful error I get:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network.

This is the page I was on with the my info filled out

Server name
0.62.209.108:3306 *
Most sites are configured to use localhost. This means that your database runs on the same computer as your web server.
Port number**
Most sites are configured to use the default value of 3306.
Database user account ***
webtree
This is case sensitive.
Database password
••••••••
This is case sensitive.

************************************************************************************************************

No where in the dialog above does it ask for the name of my database which I created. Does Webtrees create the database itself?

* Godaddy just uses numbers for this
** I've never needed a port number to install scripts on my site before. Not sure where I could find it
*** I'm not sure what it is asking for, Database user name or the name of the database. They are the same for my database anyway.

Thanks,
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by p3aul.

Can't install Database problem 4 years 10 months ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Server name
0.62.209.108:3306 *

You have put the server name (0.62.209.108) and the port number (3306) in the same field.

The server name would be just "0.62.209.108". Although this address looks unusual. I've not come across an address beginning zero. Check this?
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Can't install Database problem 4 years 10 months ago #3

• p3aul
  • p3aul's Avatar Topic Author
Well, actually The port number does go there according to godaddy. When I copied and pasted I came away with only part of the number, that was the problem. I got it installed correctly! The only problem was I had a problem with godaddy tech support(they don't have any apparently)and i switched Hosting providers! Now it will be a couple of days before I'm up and running again!

Thanks,
Paul

• Page: