This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.5). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Error with Interactive Tree ver 1.7.6

Error with Interactive Tree ver 1.7.6 1 year 2 months ago #1

• eh215
  • Junior
Problem with the data or a code issue?

When using 1.7.6, for certain individuals, I get the following error in the Server Log when selecting Interactive Tree but only when acting as a visitor:
Premature end of script headers: individual.php, referer: behunt.net/ft/individual.php?pid=I133&ged=hunt.ged

When I start at this individual, Mary Steketee, it works OK. When I select her mother or father, I get the error. I have to go back 4 generations to here for the Interactive Tree to work again.

When I go back those generations, the entire tree shows.

As an experiment, I found that altering the privacy restriction: Age at which to assume an individual is dead from 120 to 1 fixes the issue, but it doesn't look like that should have been a factor with any of these individuals

Eric

It should look like this:

webtrees 1.7.9 at behunt.net/ft
PHP 7.0.12, MySQL 5.6.32-78.1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Error with Interactive Tree ver 1.7.6 1 year 2 months ago #2

• eh215
  • Junior
Not sure if this is related or a different issue, but when I do a search for Mary Elcee Hunt the search results page stops partially built and the debugger shows the following. Changing the theme from Rural to webtrees doesn't have any effect on that.

Error with Interactive Tree ver 1.7.6 1 year 2 months ago #3

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
A partial page like this suggests that there has been a fatal error, and that your webserver error logs will contain a helpful error message.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Error with Interactive Tree ver 1.7.6 1 year 2 months ago #4

• eh215
  • Junior
Nothing shows up in:
  • web server main error_log
  • PHP error_log
  • webtrees error log

The two issues above only occur when I am a visitor. When signed in everything works as it should.

Error with Interactive Tree ver 1.7.6 1 year 2 months ago #5

• eh215
  • Junior
Determined that there was a time-out error, Created issue# 1053.

Looks like it occurs in some situations where there there is no recorded date of birth or date of death for both of an individuals' parents, and no DEAT fact was created, and privacy settings include "Show Private Relationships = Hide from all".

Workaround:

Ensure that individuals have a DEAT = Y fact if the dates of birth and death are not known (this has been recommended many times as a best practice)

or

change "Show Private Relationships = Show to Visitors"

[SOLVED] Error with Interactive Tree ver 1.7.6 1 year 2 months ago #6

• eh215
  • Junior
Problem solved.