Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.7). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

Question [SOLVED] Notes Error after upgrade

• samark
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1 by samark
Notes Error after upgrade was created by samark
So I just upgraded to 1.7.7 which fixed the individual tabing javascript I posted earlier. I now noticed I have this error under the notes tab. How do I fix this?

home1/kadhifa1/public_html/webtrees/includes/session.php:193 /home1/kadhifa1/public_html/webtrees/vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:73 unserialize(): Error at offset 20794 of 20797 bytes #0 unknown:unknown ErrorException("/home1/kadhifa1/public_html/webtrees/vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:73 unserialize(): Error at offset 20794 of 20797 bytes") #1 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:73 unserialize('O:27:"HTMLPurifier_HTMLDefinit…') #2 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Decorator.php:81 get([HTMLPurifier_Config]) #3 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Decorator/Cleanup.php:70 get([HTMLPurifier_Config]) #4 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/Config.php:505 get([HTMLPurifier_Config]) #5 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/Config.php:415 getDefinition('HTML', false, false) #6 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/Generator.php:74 getHTMLDefinition() #7 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier.php:158 __construct([HTMLPurifier_Config], [HTMLPurifier_Context]) #8 /app/Filter.php:167 purify('

(For a complete history, se…') #9 /app/Filter.php:121 markdown('(For a complete history, see "…') #10 /app/Functions/FunctionsPrintFacts.php:1078 formatText('(For a complete history, see "…', [Tree]) #11 /app/Module/NotesTabModule.php:82 printMainNotes([Fact 6727d90446f2a52c2d92c90d74ddb276@I1652], 1) #12 /app/Controller/IndividualController.php:118 getTabContent() #13 /individual.php:42 ajaxRequest()

Samar
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by samark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #2 by bertkoor
Replied by bertkoor on topic Notes Error after upgrade
No idea, but here's a readable version of your error stack trace:

Code:
home1/kadhifa1/public_html/webtrees/includes/session.php:193 /home1/kadhifa1/public_html/webtrees/vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:73 unserialize(): Error at offset 20794 of 20797 bytes #0 unknown:unknown ErrorException(" /home1/kadhifa1/public_html/webtrees/vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:73 unserialize(): Error at offset 20794 of 20797 bytes") #1 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:73 unserialize('O:27:"HTMLPurifier_HTMLDefinit…') #2 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Decorator.php:81 get([HTMLPurifier_Config]) #3 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Decorator/Cleanup.php:70 get([HTMLPurifier_Config]) #4 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/Config.php:505 get([HTMLPurifier_Config]) #5 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/Config.php:415 getDefinition('HTML', false, false) #6 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/Generator.php:74 getHTMLDefinition() #7 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier.php:158 __construct([HTMLPurifier_Config], [HTMLPurifier_Context]) #8 /app/Filter.php:167 purify('(For a complete history, se…') #9 /app/Filter.php:121 markdown('(For a complete history, see "…') #10 /app/Functions/FunctionsPrintFacts.php:1078 formatText('(For a complete history, see "…', [Tree]) #11 /app/Module/NotesTabModule.php:82 printMainNotes([Fact 6727d90446f2a52c2d92c90d74ddb276@I1652], 1) #12 /app/Controller/IndividualController.php:118 getTabContent() #13 /individual.php:42 ajaxRequest()

Could you perhaps post the raw gedcom content of I1652? You can access that with menu Edit - Edit the raw GEDCOM.

Funny thing is, if I google for "ErrorException Serializer.php:73 unserialize()" I get some results of your site: I1772 - Mary Wigley and I1776 - Henry Blythe. Though if I click the link, access is denied.
So that suggests the error was there already for a while. Often google is not that fast with indexing sites.

Other posts at StackOverflow point in the direction of "magic quotes". I guess some content in these notes cause an error in the MarkDown processor.
MarkDown converts plain text to html, so you can format the notes: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown

You can switch off MarkDown processing in the Control panel: Family Trees - Manage - Preferences. Under the header Text set Format text and notes to None.
Does that help?

stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by bertkoor.

• samark
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #3 by samark
Replied by samark on topic Notes Error after upgrade
This is the raw gedcom data

Glenn Thomas - Edit the raw GEDCOM

0 @I1652@ INDI

Name: Glenn Thomas
1 NAME Glenn Thomas
2 GIVN Glenn
2 SURN Thomas
3 _SUBM @SM1@
Name: /Glen/
1 NAME /Glen/
2 _TYPE _AKAN
2 _SUBM @SM1@
Unique identifier: 51D3432C89C7F2409EE27D6F52E7CFB23B84
1 _UID 51D3432C89C7F2409EE27D6F52E7CFB23B84
2 _SUBM @SM1@
1 SEX M
Birth: February 1, 1921 (Jumada al-awwal 23, 1339) 35 29 — Hiawatha, Carbon, Utah, United States
1 BIRT
2 FAMC @F190@
2 DATE 1 FEB 1921
2 PLAC Hiawatha, Carbon, Utah, United States
Death: Pneumonia/complications — August 7, 2008 (Sha’aban 5, 1429) — Evanston, Wyoming, United States
1 DEAT Pneumonia/complications
2 DATE 7 AUG 2008
2 PLAC Evanston, Wyoming, United States
Burial: Lyman, Wyoming, United States
1 BURI
2 PLAC Lyman, Wyoming, United States
2 SUBM @SM1@
Family as a child: Levi Rees (Reese) Thomas + Nellie Banner
1 FAMC @F190@
2 _PREF Y
Family as a spouse: Glenn Thomas + Leona Livingston
1 FAMS @F631@
Family as a spouse: Glenn Thomas + Alice Claire Cameron
1 FAMS @F632@
Note: (For a complete history, see "Biography of Glenn Thomas") Glenn was born and raised in Hiawatha, Utah, with the exception of a few years in Lawrence and Price. After high school, he joined the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC's), a govt. project created during the depression to help families in need, where he was paid thirty dollars per month, twenty two of it paid to the family, eight for his own use. At the end of his last six-month stint with the CCC, he came back to Hiawatha (1940-41) and was hired by U.S. Fuel Co. He worked eleven months on the tipple before being drafted into the Air Force in August of 1942 (World War II had broken out in 1941). He spent the next 32 months in the service as an Aircraft Armament Man, working with fighter planes used in the training of pilots and taking care of guns, bombs, and gun sights. His last job in the U.S. Air Force was as a Tail Gunner in a B-25. While he was in the service, he married Leona Livingston 10 Feb 1943 in Tampa, Florida. Their oldest son, Glenn Allen, was born while he was still away with the Army. He returned to Hiawatha and his former job in 1945. He worked in the mines for 7 years, and also cleaned cars for his father-in-law Burl Hoopes, before going to Kingston, Idaho, to help brother, Griffith, and brother-in-law, Howard Rishsew build and operate a saw mill. The mill did not work out as hoped, so Glenn and Bus got work in and around the silver mines at Kellog, Idaho, at the Bunker Hill and Sullivan Smelter to get enough money to get back to Hiawatha, where he was again rehired, this time as an oiler. When the demand for coal lessened and work slowed down to about two days per month, Glenn went to school on the GI Bill to help feed the family. He eventually moved to Lyman, Wyoming working as a Teamster driving truck at the FMC Corporation Plant when it was being built and as an operator of this Plant for the next 30 years. Glenn is remembered for his keen sense of humor and great story-telling ability. He had both a quick wit and quick tongue. He was always the life of the party; full of stories; a self-made musician, who learned to play the accordian, guitar, harmonica, and organ. He liked to fish. After Leona's death, he married Alice Cameron, and as of October, 2001, they continue to live in Lyman, Wyoming.
1 NOTE (For a complete history, see "Biography of Glenn Thomas") Glenn was born and raised in Hiawatha, Utah, with the exception of a few years in Lawrence and Price. After high school, he joined the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC's), a govt. project created during the depression to help families in need, where he was paid thirty dollars per month, twenty two of it paid to the family, eight for his own use. At the end of his last six-month stint with the CCC, he came back to Hiawatha (1940-41) and was hired by U.S. Fuel Co. He worked eleven months on the tipple before being drafted into the Air Force in August of 1942 (World War II had broken out in 1941). He spent the next 32 months in the service as an Aircraft Armament Man, working with fighter planes used in the training of pilots and taking care of guns, bombs, and gun sights. His last job in the U.S. Air Force was as a Tail Gunner in a B-25. While he was in the service, he married Leona Livingston 10 Feb 1943 in Tampa, Florida. Their oldest son, Glenn Allen, was born while he was still away with the Army. He returned to Hiawatha and his former job in 1945. He worked in the mines for 7 years, and also cleaned cars for his father-in-law Burl Hoopes, before going to Kingston, Idaho, to help brother, Griffith, and brother-in-law, Howard Rishsew build and operate a saw mill. The mill did not work out as hoped, so Glenn and Bus got work in and around the silver mines at Kellog, Idaho, at the Bunker Hill and Sullivan Smelter to get enough money to get back to Hiawatha, where he was again rehired, this time as an oiler. When the demand for coal lessened and work slowed down to about two days per month, Glenn went to school on the GI Bill to help feed the family. He eventually moved to Lyman, Wyoming working as a Teamster driving truck at the FMC Corporation Plant when it was being built and as an operator of this Plant for the next 30 years. Glenn is remembered for his keen sense of humor and great story-telling ability. He had both a quick wit and quick tongue. He was always the life of the party; full of stories; a self-made musician, who learned to play the accordian, guitar, harmonica, and organ. He liked to fish. After Leona's death, he married Alice Cameron, and as of October, 2001, they continue to live in Lyman, Wyoming.
Last change: December 20, 2015 (Rabi’ al-awwal 9, 1437)
1 CHAN
2 DATE 20 DEC 2015
3 TIME 23:51:13
2 _WT_USER samarkadhi
1 OCCU Teamster or FMC Plant Operator
Add a fact

Samar

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 8 months ago #4 by bertkoor
I've copied & pasted that text. Even with Markdown enabled there's no issue showing that. Although there's a chance your original text contains some non-standard characters the Markdown processor can't handle: single & double quotes, back-ticks... These might be converted to some more standard characters here by the forum software.

Could you test whether the error goes away if you disable the Text - Markdown feature?
Otherwise I'd advice to remove the note with the raw GEDCOM edit feature, and add it again in the usual way.

• norwegian_sardines
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago #5 by norwegian_sardines
Replied by norwegian_sardines on topic Notes Error after upgrade
@samark,

This GEDCOM as displayed does not look like a valid GEDCOM.

Particularly:

1 FAMS @F631@
Family as a spouse: Glenn Thomas + Alice Claire Cameron
1 FAMS @F632@
Note: (For a complete history, see "Biography of Glenn Thomas") Glenn was born and raised

The FAMS tag should be:

1 FAMS @F631@
2 NOTE Family as a spouse: Glenn Thomas + Alice Claire Cameron
1 FAMS @F632@
2 NOTE Note: (For a complete history, see "Biography of Glenn Thomas") Glenn was born and raised

Ken

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #6 by bertkoor
@Ken: that's what I thought too at first, but this info is just copy-pasted from the Edit Raw Gedcom dialog. All facts/events show up twice: first as summary, then raw.

Example screen print:

Copy-Pasted as text:

Name: Augustus, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg
1 NAME Augustus, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg
Sex: M
1 SEX M
Birth: 23 November 1772 27 21 — Gotha, Germany
1 BIRT
2 DATE 23 NOV 1772
2 PLAC Gotha, Germany
2 SOUR @s1@
3 PAGE en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus,_Duke_of_Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg
Death: 27 May 1822 — Gotha, Germany
1 DEAT
2 DATE 27 MAY 1822
2 PLAC Gotha, Germany
2 SOUR @s1@
3 PAGE en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus,_Duke_of_Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg
Media object: Herzog August von Sachsen-Gotha-Altenburg
1 OBJE @m110@
Family as a spouse: Augustus, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg + Duchess Louise Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
1 FAMS @f92@
Media object: Augustus, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg and his wife Louise of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
1 OBJE @m109@
Last change: 16 September 2013
1 CHAN
2 DATE 16 SEP 2013
3 TIME 20:24:14
2 _WT_USER greg
Family as a child: Ernest II, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg + Princess Charlotte of Saxe-Meiningen
1 FAMC @f95@
Add a fact

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by bertkoor.

• samark
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #7 by samark
Markdown is already disabled. I had to due to the gedcom importing error I posted about here www.webtrees.net/index.php/en/forum/help...rs-importings-gedcom

that was what you all recommended. These issues both seem to be related to the notes. Can anyone give me an idea what in my notes is causing the issue?

Thanks

Samar

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #8 by bertkoor

samark wrote: Can anyone give me an idea what in my notes is causing the issue?

Not directly, but here's what you can try:

1. Copy - Paste the whole note to a text editor.
2. Remove the whole note content in webtrees and save.
3. Add a part of the note (first sentence) into webtrees and save.
4. Test whether webtrees functions OK and can show the note.
5. Paste the next sentence into the note and save.

Repeat steps 4 & 5 until you have either stumbled upon the problematic part, or the note is complete.

Once we know what part of the note is responsible for the error, we can investigate further.

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by bertkoor.

• samark
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #9 by samark
So I deleted the note and then typed in the first sentence:

(For a complete history, see "Biography of Glenn Thomas") Glenn was born and raised in Hiawatha, Utah, with the exception of a few years in Lawrence and Price.

and immediately got this error displayed:

/home1/kadhifa1/public_html/webtrees/includes/session.php:193 /home1/kadhifa1/public_html/webtrees/vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:73 unserialize(): Error at offset 20794 of 20797 bytes #0 unknown:unknown ErrorException("/home1/kadhifa1/public_html/webtrees/vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:73 unserialize(): Error at offset 20794 of 20797 bytes") #1 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:73 unserialize('O:27:"HTMLPurifier_HTMLDefinit…') #2 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Decorator.php:81 get([HTMLPurifier_Config]) #3 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Decorator/Cleanup.php:70 get([HTMLPurifier_Config]) #4 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/Config.php:505 get([HTMLPurifier_Config]) #5 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/Config.php:415 getDefinition('HTML', false, false) #6 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/Generator.php:74 getHTMLDefinition() #7 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier.php:158 __construct([HTMLPurifier_Config], [HTMLPurifier_Context]) #8 /app/Filter.php:167 purify('

(For a complete history, se…') #9 /app/Filter.php:121 markdown('(For a complete history, see "…') #10 /app/Functions/FunctionsPrintFacts.php:1078 formatText('(For a complete history, see "…', [Tree]) #11 /app/Module/NotesTabModule.php:82 printMainNotes([Fact ecd9ef93466e0fa76bbe1f2d777062e9@I1652], 1) #12 /app/Controller/IndividualController.php:118 getTabContent() #13 /individual.php:42 ajaxRequest()

what should I do now?

Samar

More
7 years 7 months ago #10 by wooc
Replied by wooc on topic Notes Error after upgrade
Delete quotation marks from the note and try again.

• samark
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #11 by samark
this time I put in :

(For a complete history, see Biography of Glenn Thomas) Glenn was born and raised in Hiawatha, Utah, with the exception of a few years in Lawrence and Price.

got this error:

/home1/kadhifa1/public_html/webtrees/includes/session.php:193 /home1/kadhifa1/public_html/webtrees/vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:73 unserialize(): Error at offset 20794 of 20797 bytes #0 unknown:unknown ErrorException("/home1/kadhifa1/public_html/webtrees/vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:73 unserialize(): Error at offset 20794 of 20797 bytes") #1 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:73 unserialize('O:27:"HTMLPurifier_HTMLDefinit…') #2 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Decorator.php:81 get([HTMLPurifier_Config]) #3 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Decorator/Cleanup.php:70 get([HTMLPurifier_Config]) #4 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/Config.php:505 get([HTMLPurifier_Config]) #5 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/Config.php:415 getDefinition('HTML', false, false) #6 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier/Generator.php:74 getHTMLDefinition() #7 /vendor/ezyang/htmlpurifier/library/HTMLPurifier.php:158 __construct([HTMLPurifier_Config], [HTMLPurifier_Context]) #8 /app/Filter.php:167 purify('

(For a complete history, se…') #9 /app/Filter.php:121 markdown('(For a complete history, see B…') #10 /app/Functions/FunctionsPrintFacts.php:1078 formatText('(For a complete history, see B…', [Tree]) #11 /app/Module/NotesTabModule.php:82 printMainNotes([Fact a1eb2851b8b8ced1bf237b7cbcf9a88a@I1652], 1) #12 /app/Controller/IndividualController.php:118 getTabContent() #13 /individual.php:42 ajaxRequest()

Samar

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #12 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Notes Error after upgrade
Try deleting the folder: data/html_purifier_cache

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• samark
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #13 by samark

fisharebest wrote: Try deleting the folder: data/html_purifier_cache

That fixed it! Thank you

I was able to add the note back in with quotation marks and it has no problem with it now or any of the other notes.

Samar

• samark
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #14 by samark
Replied by samark on topic [SOLVED] Notes Error after upgrade
Problem solved.

Samar