This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.7). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Invalid Duplicates after merging two family trees 4 years 7 months ago #1

• TFORG_Admin
  • TFORG_Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Greetings,

After merging two family trees in webtrees 1.77, I have 6 family records that are showing up as duplicates. Reviewing the family records, these are two totally unrelated families.

How do I break the link that is causing them to appear on the "Find Duplicates" pages in the control panel?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by TFORG_Admin.

Invalid Duplicates after merging two family trees 4 years 7 months ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
This means you have two family records which each contain the same husband and wife.

If a couple divorce and remarry, some people prefer to create this as two separate families - which will show up as duplicates in this check.

(I don't recommend this, but some people do it).

The simplest option is to merge the two records. There's a merge link next to the duplicate, and you'll have the opportunity to review the merge before you confirm it.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Invalid Duplicates after merging two family trees 4 years 7 months ago #3

• TFORG_Admin
  • TFORG_Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Actually, what you describe as the issues isn't what I am running into.

Prior to merging the two webtrees database, I renumbered both databases. Looking at the duplicates in detail there is no overlap in the husband and/or wife records. In each cases, the Husband and Wife are from two totally separate areas of the family with totally different names.

Not sure how to give you a good example?

All I can say is that the two families that webtrees is telling me are duplicates definitely are not duplicates and should not be merged.

Any ideas or what information can I provide?

Invalid Duplicates after merging two family trees 4 years 7 months ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
> Any ideas or what information can I provide?

Post the raw GEDCOM data for the two families.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Page: