Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.8). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

Important [SOLVED] Adding an existing individual as father ...

More
7 years 4 months ago #1 by MAV
Hello,

before you say that is easy, please let me describe my situation, see also the page micha-a.info/micgen/individual.php?pid=I0265&ged=haupt for visualization.

Justina Altvater is the mother of four illegitimate children. Some months ago I have created four different families, each with one parent, the mother, and one child. I suspected four different fathers. At that time I could indentify one of them, see Candidus Schädler. I added him as new person to this specific family.

In the meantime my tree grew and I could add many individuals. Some days ago I received some new documents which states the father of Domitia Altvater, child in the first family, is Joseph Kienle b 1799. If I add a husband to this familiy a new individual is be created. But Joseph Kienle is a existing individual and creating a new one is not that what I want.

It seems that I overlooked something. If not any advice or any workaround is appreciated.

Greetings and thanks
Micha

Productive: webtrees 2.1.16
justlight theme
php 7.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Adding an existing individual as father ...
After creating the second father/husband (and the second family record), you could use the "Merge records" option in the control panel to merge the duplicate husbands and duplicate families.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

More
7 years 4 months ago #3 by wooc
If you haven't created the second father/husband yet, you could go to the family page and Edit->Change family members.

• ToyGuy
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen
More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by ToyGuy
Replied by ToyGuy on topic Adding an existing individual as father ...
OR, IMHO, simply merge the two families where Joseph is the father.

Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com , a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28

More
7 years 4 months ago #5 by MAV
Problem solved.

justlight theme
php 7.4

More
7 years 4 months ago #6 by MAV
Greg,

thank you for remembering me that there are genealogical tools in the administration panel ;-)

Greetings
Micha

justlight theme
php 7.4