This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.8). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Theme Changing - User My account 3 years 11 months ago #1

• potain
  • potain's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
Hi

While looking into another issue I signed in as a dummy member and went to My account.

I have blocked users from changing themes (User preferences > hide Theme menu) but there is an entry there under Theme and the dropdown box offers the user the full selection of themes to choose from which somewhat defeats the purpose and intent of hiding the theme menu.

Should not this option be disabled or greyed out to be consistent with hiding the Theme menu and stopping users from changing themes?

Thanks
Novice in all webtrees matters and in every respect

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Theme Changing - User My account 3 years 11 months ago #2

• thomas52
  • Away
  • Frequent
  • Frequent
  • Western North Carolina
I think you may find this setting at >Control Panel > Website Preferences > Default Theme (but not certain.)
"Failure is an amazing teacher." (L'échec est un professeur extraordinaire.)

Theme Changing - User My account 3 years 11 months ago #3

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum
  • Platinum
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
This is configurable at both Website level and Tree level, and partially at User level.

For your config I'd advice the following settings:

Website preferences
* Default theme = [your theme]
* Allow users to select their own theme: no
* Show list of family trees: no (should be handled automatically and transparently, see the other topic)

To get yourself access to the Dummy tree, you can add a HTML block to your own MyPage with a link to the dummy tree:
<p>Switch GedCom:</p>

<ul>
	<li><u><a href="/index.php?ctype=gedcom&amp;ged=dummy">dummy</a></u></li>
</ul>

Family Tree preferences
* Theme menu: irrelevant when the website already disallows this, as explained by the accompanying text:

The theme menu will only be shown if the website preferences allow users to select their own theme.

* Default theme = <default theme> (inherited from website prefs)

User preferences
* Theme = <default theme> (inherited from website or tree prefs)
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13

Last edit: by bertkoor.

Theme Changing - User My account 3 years 11 months ago #4

• potain
  • potain's Avatar Topic Author
  • New
  • New
Ooooops

My mistake bertkoor, I was altering the dummy tree Theme menu prefernces and not the private one.

All fixed and working, the Theme and the dropdown box no longer appearing in the dummy user My account on the private tree.

I'll hold on to changing Show list of family trees: no if what I mentioned in the other topic turns out to be correct.

My apologies but thank you very much for the code which I will use when the other gets sorted out.

Hartelijk dank en het allerbeste!
Novice in all webtrees matters and in every respect

• Page: