Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.9). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

Question [SOLVED] Upgrade from 1.6.2

• de Buitlear
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 hours ago #1 by de Buitlear
Upgrade from 1.6.2 was created by de Buitlear
I am finding it impossible to upgrade from 1.6.2.

If I use automatic upgrade to 1.7.9 I get:

Oops! The webserver is unable to connect to the database server. It could be busy, undergoing maintenance, or simply broken. You should try again in a few minutes or contact the website administrator.
SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '4294967295-0-Mozilla/5.0 (% Konqueror/%-allow' for key 'wt_site_access_rule_ix1'
If you are the website administrator, you should check that:
the database connection settings in the file “/data/config.ini.php” are still correct
the folder “/data” and the file “/data/config.ini.php” have access permissions that allow the webserver to read them
you can connect to the database using other applications, such as phpmyadmin

If I do MANUAL upgrade to ANY version > 1.6.2 I get the above without "SQLSTATE[23000]" error, i.e.:

Oops! The webserver is unable to connect to the database server. It could be busy, undergoing maintenance, or simply broken. You should try again in a few minutes or contact the website administrator.
If you are the website administrator, you should check that:
:

Apologies for posting this, but am at my wit's end. After extensive search, I found the following link (topic now closed), which seems to address the same issue, but does not provide a solution:

www.webtrees.net/index.php/en/forum/help...te-access-rule#59278

(Almost needless to say:)

I have checked /data/config.ini.php, permissions for “/data” and “/data/config.ini.php”, and connected to the database using phpmyadmin.
I have tried using phpmyadmin to edit "wt_site_access_rule" table prior to trying upgrade (e.g. changing 4294967295 to 4294967294), in the hope that this would resolve "1062 Duplicate entry..." error.

Any help much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Upgrade from 1.6.2
> I have tried using phpmyadmin to edit "wt_site_access_rule" table prior to trying upgrade (e.g. changing 4294967295 to 4294967294), in the hope that this would resolve "1062 Duplicate entry..." error.

This is (almost?) the correct solution.

You need to find/delete the row

0, 4294967295, Mozilla/5.0 (% Konqueror/%

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• de Buitlear
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #3 by de Buitlear
Replied by de Buitlear on topic Upgrade from 1.6.2
Thanks very much for such a quick and helpful reply!

Unfortunately, after doing so, I get Server error 500.

This may be because my mySQL database and the webtrees folder may be "out of synch" because of all the "messing" I've been doing while trying to resolve this, or I may have inadvertantly deleted another record also from table "wt_site_access_rule" etc.

Will do a clean install of webtrees 1.7.9 and import into it.

Once again, many thanks, fisharebest!

Colm

• de Buitlear
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #4 by de Buitlear
Replied by de Buitlear on topic [SOLVED] Upgrade from 1.6.2
Problem solved.