Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.9). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

Question Family Tree from root to top

• tomduli
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #1 by tomduli
Family Tree from root to top was created by tomduli
Hello,

is it possible to get a Famliy Tree from se oldest person to the youngest ?

Like this example: www.tombanet.de/ahnen.pdf

Regards,

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bertkoor
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #2 by bertkoor
Replied by bertkoor on topic Family Tree from root to top
The PDF you linked to appears to be made by the Ahnenblatt desktop application. Being a server-based application, webtrees is somewhat different from the typical desktop applications. The last years webtrees has sort of neglected its reporting system that generates paper/pdf reports. It has proven to be very hard to maintain and cumbersome to extend. There are however various charts that can be used interactively in your browser to navigate through a tree. For example the Interactive Tree view: dev.webtrees.net/demo-stable/module.php?...w&rootid=i1&ged=demo

The chart in webtrees that is most simular to the Ahnentafel you showed is the Ancestors chart. An example: dev.webtrees.net/demo-stable/ancestry.php?rootid=i1&ged=demo
It doesn't show the sibblings and marriage dates, but in return it does show place names and the profile picture. The layout can be controlled by the theme you use in webtrees, so it is customisable.

stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by bertkoor.

More
6 years 9 months ago #3 by UksusoFF
Replied by UksusoFF on topic Family Tree from root to top
I can't see pdf attachment (it's got 404 error) but maybe "from root to top" it's mean same as this questions:

www.webtrees.net/index.php/en/forum/2-op...nteractive-tree-view
www.webtrees.net/index.php/en/forum/9-re...f-tree-view-possible

So it's still very wanted feature for me.