Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.9). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

Question Can't sign in to my regular genealogical database

• dcdurkee
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #1 by dcdurkee
I have used the webtrees Norwegian genealogical database called Stadsbygd og stavaeringer for a number of years. I never had to sign in before. Today I tried to go there and was told I needed to sign in and/or make an account. So I did that. I made an account with username and password. Andnd as you can see I now have a webtrees account, as I am signed into this forum. However, I could still not log into my Stadsbygd genealogical database. It kept saying my username or password was wrong when I tried to sign in there. It was not wrong! I tried several times using my new username and password, just like I used to get to this forum page, but it would not work. I am so frustrated that I can no longer access that database. Help please! PS. I am not a computer geek. A recent previous similar comment about not being able to log in because of a password problem was way over my head.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thomas52
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Western North Carolina
More
6 years 3 months ago #2 by thomas52
We cannot help you with a password for any webtrees installation for which you are not the administrator.
For most other applications, you should see a link for forgotten password, and follow the steps indicated.
Otherwise, you should contact the administrator or webmaster for the website.
In some cases, you may be able to create another logon with a different username.

"Failure is an amazing teacher." (L'échec est un professeur extraordinaire.)

More
6 years 3 months ago #3 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Can't sign in to my regular genealogical database
There is a temporary problem with that website.

I will fix it later today.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net