Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.9). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

Question [SOLVED] Multiple Marriages not showing in Interactive Tree

• shahrukh
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #1 by shahrukh
Hi, I don't believe this is addressed anywhere else on the forum or wiki, but please redirect me if I have made a mistake.

When I have individuals that belong to multiple families as spouse (e.g., divorce or widow) only the last relationship created shows up in the interactive tree view when viewed from the perspective of the common spouse. See photo attachment 1 where Russi is the common spouse.

If I view it from one of the other spouses perspectives (e.g., Edwina or Katie) I don't see the other spouse. Only if I click on the family do the actual relationships show up (e.g., Russi and Katie / Russi and Edwina). See photo attachment 2 where I clicked on Russi and Katie's relationship and the box expanded to show the Russi and Katie relationship as well as the Russi and Edwina relationship.

What I am expecting is to show both marriage relationships associated with Russi in the interactive tree separated by horizontal dotted lines. Similar to the relationships of Francis, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld and his marriages see attachment 3. This example was taken from the demo webtrees interactive tree tab .

My question is why are the multiple marriage relationships between Russi, Katie, and Edwina showing up like they do for Francis, Sophie, and Augusta? I've tested using the divorce and marriage events and dates on those events with no success. Any help on this would be appreciated as right now the interactive tree is the primary way I communicate with inexperienced webtree users in my research and part of the relationship story is missing in cases like Russi, Katie, and Edwina. Thanks!

-- shahrukh
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #2 by kiwi
It is set by the right-hand button of the two in the top left corner of the interactive chart.

• shahrukh
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #3 by shahrukh
womp womp.

That was a perfect answer. problem solved. Thanks!

• shahrukh
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #4 by shahrukh
Problem solved.