This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.9). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: Thumbnail in Slide Show box not displaying

Thumbnail in Slide Show box not displaying 4 months 2 weeks ago #1

• philld
  • New
Due to technical problems with my server, I had to wipe the server and re-install the entire machine a couple of weeks ago. Since doing that, other than the thumbnail in the Slide Show box not displaying the graphic, everything seems to be working fine. I thought it might be a missing module but the only one that I think might be applicable is the php-gd module and I just checked, it is installed! The version of webtrees is 1.7.9 with php 5.6. I did check the log and noticed the following (not sure it's related but just in case):
Failed to create thumbnail for /home/myid/wwwft/webtrees/data/media/Photos/P1096_2984_2082.jpg (exception 'ErrorException' with message '/home/myid/wwwft/webtrees/app/Media.php:222 imagejpeg(/home/myid/wwwft/webtrees/data/media/thumbs/Photos/P1096_2984_2082.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied' in /home/myid/wwwft/webtrees/includes/session.php:193
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: Fisharebest\Webtrees\{closure}(2, 'imagejpeg(/home...', '/home/myid/www...', 222, Array)
#1 /home/myid/wwwft/webtrees/app/Media.php(222): imagejpeg(Resource id #254, '/home/myid/www...')
#2 /home/myid/wwwft/webtrees/app/Media.php(549): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Media->getServerFilename('thumb')
#3 /home/myid/wwwft/webtrees/app/Module/SlideShowModule.php(172): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Media->displayImage()
#4 /home/myid/wwwft/webtrees/index.php(70): Fisharebest\Webtrees\Module\SlideShowModule->getBlock(74)
#5 {main})

Any suggestions as to what I have missed?
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by philld.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Thumbnail in Slide Show box not displaying 4 months 2 weeks ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
> Any suggestions as to what I have missed?

From the stack-dump, it looks like webtrees does not have permission to write to the data/media/... folder.

Either change ownership to match the process that your webserver uses to run PHP, or keep them owned by you but change permissions to "world-writable" (e.g. 777).
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Thumbnail in Slide Show box not displaying 4 months 2 weeks ago #3

• philld
  • New
Thanks that did it - file permissions where 775 - changed to 777 and all is good!