This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.9). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: media file

media file 2 months 2 weeks ago #1

• Genie
  • New
Is there a way to connect a probate document as a media file (pdf file) to a person without it coming up as a "photo" in the person's page next to their name? I just want the pdf file to show in their media tab only.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

media file 2 months 2 weeks ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
In the media object, you can add a "Primary image: no" fact. (_PRIM N).

Note that this will change in 2.0. I don't like relying on a custom tag, and GEDCOM tags should only contain "Y", not "N"). The exact solution is not yet decided, but will probably be based on the "type" of the media object.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

media file 2 months 2 weeks ago #3

• Genie
  • New
I've looked at the media options and am so not clear with where to add a "Primary image: no" fact. Need further clarification, please.

media file 2 months 2 weeks ago #4

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
Go to the media object.

Choose Edit/Edit the media object in the menu.

Scroll down to "Highlighted image"
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net