This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.9). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: Google Maps presentation

Google Maps presentation 4 months 5 days ago #1

• AS
  • New
I am using the Google Maps tool within webtrees. However, for some time the resolution of the maps is much higher than it was before. I have set the minimum enlargement to 2 and the maximum enlargement to 13, but when I click on a map of a person who only lived in one place, I get a resolution that is on the house level instead of the locality level, see attachment. The effect seems to be the same in the webtrees demo releases, see for example dev.webtrees.net/demo-stable/individual.php?pid=i217&ged=demo

Is there anything I can change to get back to the previous resolution?

Andreas
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 months 3 days ago by AS.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Google Maps presentation 3 months 3 weeks ago #2

• bxb
  • New
Hi all,

I confirm I observe the same behavior on my sites and on the demo sites.
What I found out is that it seems to be due to a change in the google maps API, somewhere in February. It was not the case before.
Here is a link on a post desribing the issue on a wordpress plugin:
forums.artbees.net/t/advanced-google-map...rly-with-6-1-1/12172

I posted this to the bugtracking tool: github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues/1767

Best regards,
Benoît-Xavier

Google Maps presentation 2 months 10 hours ago #3

• bxb
  • New
Hello,

Just to inform that the problem is gone on my site. I guess google map API got an update to fix this?

Good night,
BXB