This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.9). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: [SOLVED] From ss to ß

From ss to ß 4 months 4 days ago #1

• AS
  • New
I imported a few data from another file into one of my web-trees. In this file, the German umlauts (ä, ö, ü) were written as ae, oe and ue, the German ß as ss. I adapted the words to the German spelling by using the "find and replace" function in webtrees. While this was no problem with the umlauts, the ss is still shown in the list of places (compare Grossbartloff and Mühlhausen in the attachment), although within the datasets themselves there is no ss any more. Any idea how to correct the place list?

Andreas
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

From ss to ß 4 months 3 days ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
You can export your family tree to a GEDCOM file - and then import the GEDCOM file back into the family tree.

This will recreate the internal list of places that webtrees uses for this list.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net
Last Edit: 4 months 3 days ago by fisharebest.

[SOLVED] From ss to ß 4 months 3 days ago #3

• AS
  • New
Problem solved.