This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.9). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Usage of / data correction in "Place check" module

Usage of / data correction in "Place check" module 1 week 3 days ago #1

• trejder
  • New
I've been adding places' names to my records completely ignoring geo-coder suggestions and thus right now in Control panel > Module administration > Google Maps™ > Place check I have a huge junk. Virtually all entries (from city part to country) are put to first column (country) with all three remaining columns (Level 2 to Level 4) being empty.

How can I correct this, i.e. how can I use this module to change values in columns "Level 2" to "Level 4"? All my recent attempts has failed.

I have tried clicking on links in "Country" > "Place" subcolumn, but I can only correct geo data this way. Any attempts of changing name, moving entry to another level or adding missing levels (by using commas in names) are ignored.

The same goes for Control panel > Module administration > Google Maps™ > Geographic data. I have "Edit" link for every item, but it opens the same window and I am again lost in how to move particular item to another level.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Usage of / data correction in "Place check" module 1 week 3 days ago #2

• fisharebest
  • Administrator
It is always easier to sort these sorts of things with specific examples. Otherwise, there is always a bit of guesswork and assumptions...

The place hierarchy in the googlemap module comes from

a) places imported from your family tree.
b) places imported from a .CSV file
c) places you added manually.

So if you have "gaps", then I guess you used (a) and imported places such as "Smalltown, , , Country".
What you can do is fix this in your genealogy data, and then import the data from here into the googlemap module.
Greg Roach - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Usage of / data correction in "Place check" module 1 week 3 days ago #3

• trejder
  • New
Thank you. Option (c) -- place manually added -- was the right one, in my case.

In my case solution was as simple as editing particular person(s) that had invalid (i.e. one-level) entries and fixing them to four-level ones (by correcting values in PLAC record).

Google Maps module does no special magic, it only fetches data stored in DB. As long as data in particular entries is correct / corrected then module itself displays everything correct.

[SOLVED] Usage of / data correction in "Place check" module 1 week 3 days ago #4

• trejder
  • New
Problem solved.