Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.9). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

Question Add Godfather / Godmother link

• fa10175
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #1 by fa10175
Add Godfather / Godmother link was created by fa10175
I would like to add to the baptism the name of the godfather and godmother.
If the person is already known no problem. But if it is not known, this information is not displayed.
I should have to declare this person and associate him.
But to do that I have to go "Control Panel" then Family Trees" then" Manage Family trees" select the tree and "Add unlinked records (individual)"

How to have godfather or godmother with just the name without using comment "add comments"?

Also in the card to add a baptism, there are 2 times "Add an associate" but it does the same thing.

Thanks

- Nginx 1.22.1
- PHP 8.2.7
- MariaDB 10.11.6
- Webtrees 2.1.19
- Raspberry Pi 5
Modules : jc-fancy-imagebar, jc-fancy-treeview, vesta, faces, fan-chart, pedigree-chart, descendants-chart, hh_extended_family

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #2 by Luenissla
Replied by Luenissla on topic Add Godfather / Godmother link
If you "Add an associate", than you can select the relation of the Person, for ex. Godmother. ;-)
[I just tried it and it works very well.]

Best regards / Viele Grüße
Hans-Joachim (Lünenschloß)

• fa10175
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #3 by fa10175
Replied by fa10175 on topic Add Godfather / Godmother link
the name of the person must exist in the database, but if it does not exist, no display

If the person is already known no problem. But if it is not known, this information is not displayed.
But to do that I have to go "Control Panel" then Family Trees" then" Manage Family trees" select the tree and "Add unlinked records (individual)"

How to have godfather or godmother with just the name without using comment "add comments"?

- Nginx 1.22.1
- PHP 8.2.7
- MariaDB 10.11.6
- Webtrees 2.1.19
- Raspberry Pi 5
Modules : jc-fancy-imagebar, jc-fancy-treeview, vesta, faces, fan-chart, pedigree-chart, descendants-chart, hh_extended_family

More
5 years 7 months ago #4 by Luenissla
Yes, the ASSOciation tag needs an existing person (in the database).
You can add a Note with some text in it.
Or you add an unllinked person and link these person an godparent.

More
5 years 7 months ago #5 by mp
Replied by mp on topic Add Godfather / Godmother link

To add a new person in this moment would be a nice enhancement. It could work like with shared notes or sources.

At the moment you have to add a new person in the way you have described (add unlinked person in a separate window). Another way I don't know.

Also in the card to add a baptism, there are 2 times "Add an associate" but it does the same thing.

You can add two associates at the same time. Thats better than one by one because in Germany we had often three or more associates on a baptism or marriage ...

Martin - ffp.bauschaffen.de

More
5 years 7 months ago #6 by Luenissla

mp wrote:

At the moment you have to add a new person in the way you have described (add unlinked person in a separate window). Another way I don't know.

To add a new person, you can choose from any person: "Add a child to create a one-parent family" and then delete that family later. ;-)