Question Tones theme for webtrees 1.3.2

• erostew
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #1 by erostew
Tones theme for webtrees 1.3.2 was created by erostew
Hello folks.

I have updated the Tones theme to make it compatible with 1.3.2. Sorry for the delay in updating. There was a death in the family right after webtrees 1.3.2 was released.

The changes in this revision were fairly minor so there shouldn't be any major bugs. If you do find any bugs please let me know and I will fix them ASAP.

The theme still has room for future improvement. I will likely tweak some more of the icons and colors for future releases. I also want to add configurable menu switching. In other words the abilty to have icons only, icons with text labels or text only menus. I just haven't had time to work on these things in the past few weeks.

If you have any comments, bug reports, suggestions or requests I will be happy to hear them. If you want to suggest a colour scheme please provide a url or something so I can see what you are talking about. Just saying make an orange theme isn't good enough. I don't guarantee that I will definitely implement your suggestion but I will consider it.

The theme is available here .

Regards,
Stew

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by erostew.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vizar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #2 by vizar
Replied by vizar on topic Tones theme for webtrees 1.3.2
Hi Stew,

New Tones run very well.
I modified it for my convenience; you see it in action on my site ( not in production yet). I will tell you later what are the modifications i made.

Regards

Alain

• vizar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #3 by vizar
Replied by vizar on topic Tones theme for webtrees 1.3.2
Here's modifications i've made to Tones theme:
Code:
file theme.php Line 131: $subPalette='brown'; Line 134: $theme_name = "Tones_mod"; // need double quotes, as file is scanned/parsed by script file header.php At the end of line 46, replace ";" by "," After line 46 add: '<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=IM+Fell+English" type="text/css">'; // google fonts; some of them are very nice Line 103: $allow_color_dropdown=false; File tones.css Line 64: #header{height:149px;} Line 73: .makeMenu{float:right;top:70px;bottom:0px;position:relative;} File brown.css Line 46: background-image: url(../images/logo_titre.png); // my logo Line 54: change all .title to .title { color: #553E2F; float: left; font-family: 'IM Fell English',serif; font-size: 30px; font-weight: bold; left: 544px; position: relative; text-decoration: none; text-shadow: 4px 4px 4px #7f7f7f; top: 30px; } Line 83: .makeMenu, .makeMenu li ul{color:#FFFFFF;list-style:none;margin-left:0;padding:1px;top:66px;} Line 95: #topMenu{float:left;height:51px;width:100%; top:60px;position:relative;}

May be (and more surely), this is not the best way, but i dont see any mistake for the moment.
I would like to attribe a palette for each tree but with no success.

Regards

Alain

• erostew
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #4 by erostew
Replied by erostew on topic Tones theme for webtrees 1.3.2
Hi Alain.

Your modifications look correct and your site looks good. I will have an alternate theme.php/header.php ready in the next 24 hours. The theme switching will be stripped out and it will use a theme-config.php file to select the palette, theme name, etc. After that you will be able to make a few small changes per copy of the theme, and you will be able to easily have a seperate default palette for each of your trees. Any changes to .css files will still need to be made for every future update, but you will probably have only minor differences between each of your trees so it should not be too hard to do with a simple file compare.

• phicome
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #5 by phicome
Replied by phicome on topic Tones theme for webtrees 1.3.2
Bonj... Hi

Peut-être modifier l'indentation pour l'affichage des branches :
GT : Maybe change the indentation to display branches

ligne 52 - tones.css : (Tones 1.3.2) :
html[dir='rtl'] fieldset ol, fieldset li{margin:2px 5px 0 30px;}

• erostew
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #6 by erostew
Replied by erostew on topic Alternate theme.php and header.php
Here are alternate theme.php and header.php files to use where you want to use a particular palette from the Tones theme but do NOT want to have other palette selections available. Useful if you wish to have multiple copies of the theme and have one particular palette for each tree on your webtrees site.

File Attachment:

File Name: Tones-alt.zip
File Size:5 KB

Instructions for use:
  • First you must already have downloaded the full Tones theme available here .
  • Next make a copy of the Tones theme folder. The name does not matter but must be unique for each copy that you wish to use. Example: Tones1, Tones2, MyTones, MyTheme etc.
  • Take the theme.php and header.php files from the zip archive attached to this post and replace the theme.php and header.php for each copy of the theme.
  • For each copy of the theme you need to change 2 things in theme.php
    • On line # 57 you will see: $subPalette='blue'; - please replace 'blue' with one of the options listed in the file.
    • On line # 61 you will see: $theme_name = "Tones_alt"; - please replace "Tones_alt" with whatever you wish to have for the name of the theme. The name will only be visible in the webtrees administration area when you wish to set a default theme so just make it a name that you can remember what it is.
  • Set the theme defaults in your webtrees admin on a per tree or per site basis, depending on your configuration and your preferences.
I have tested and everything seems to work okay. Please let me know if you have any problems.

Voici theme.php suppléants et des fichiers header.php à utiliser où vous voulez utiliser une palette particulière du thème Tones mais ne veulent pas l'objet de sélections palette d'autres disponibles . Utile si vous souhaitez avoir plusieurs copies du thème et ont une palette particulière pour chaque arbre sur votre webtrees site.

Mode d'emploi:
  • D'abord, vous devez avoir déjà téléchargé le thème complet Tonalités disponibles ici [/ url]. [/ li ]
  • Suivant faire une copie du dossier du thème Tones. Le nom n'a pas d'importance mais doit être unique pour chaque copie que vous souhaitez utiliser. Exemple: Tones1, Tones2, MyTones, MyTheme [/ li]
  • Prenez le fichier theme.php et header.php de l'archive zip attaché à ce poste et remplacer le fichier theme.php et header.php pour chaque copie du thème.
  • Pour chaque copie du thème que vous avez besoin de changer 2 choses dans theme.php
    • En ligne n ° 57, vous verrez:. $subPalette='blue'; - s'il vous plaît remplacer «blue» avec l'une des options répertoriées dans le fichier
    • En ligne n ° 61, vous verrez: $theme_name = "Tones_alt"; - veuillez remplacer «Tones_alt» avec tout ce que vous souhaitez pour le nom du thème. Le nom ne sera visible que dans l'espace d'administration webtrees lorsque vous souhaitez définir un thème par défaut si juste faire un nom que vous pouvez rappeler ce qu'il est.
  • Définissez les thèmes par défaut dans vos webtrees admin sur un arbre ou par site par site, en fonction de votre configuration et de vos préférences.
J'ai testé et tout semble fonctionner très bien. S'il vous plaît laissez-moi savoir si vous avez des problèmes.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by erostew.

• erostew
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #7 by erostew

phicome wrote: Bonj... Hi

Peut-être modifier l'indentation pour l'affichage des branches :
GT : Maybe change the indentation to display branches

ligne 52 - tones.css : (Tones 1.3.2) :
html[dir='rtl'] fieldset ol, fieldset li{margin:2px 5px 0 30px;}

Salut.

I have just copied this section verbatim from the colors theme so I am not sure exactly which part of webtrees this is used for. More detail would be appreciated. Is there a reason that this is needed only for rtl languages?
GT - J'ai juste copié mot pour mot de cette section le thème colors donc je ne sais pas exactement quelle partie de webtrees il est utilisé pour. Plus de détails seraient appréciés. Y at-il une raison pour laquelle cela est nécessaire seulement pour les langues rtl?

Regards,
Stew

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #8 by kiwi
Replied by kiwi on topic Tones theme for webtrees 1.3.2
Stew

1 - its used in Lists > Branches to indent each level

2 - in that code only ol element is for rtl. For both it would need to be
Code:
html[dir='rtl'] fieldset ol, html[dir='rtl'] fieldset li{margin:2px 5px 0 30px;}

You may need to experiment to ensure you get this one right in both ltr and rtl.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by kiwi.

• erostew
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #9 by erostew

kiwi wrote: Stew

1 - its used in Lists > Branches to indent each level

2 - in that code only ol element is for rtl. For both it would need to be

Code:
html[dir='rtl'] fieldset ol, html[dir='rtl'] fieldset li{margin:2px 5px 0 30px;}

You may need to experiment to ensure you get this one right in both ltr and rtl.

Thanks for the info Nigel. I'll check it out when I have a chance. Since I copied it with no changes from colors.css I guess the same issue would be present in the colors theme as well.

More
11 years 4 months ago #10 by kiwi
Replied by kiwi on topic Tones theme for webtrees 1.3.2

erostew wrote: I'll check it out when I have a chance. Since I copied it with no changes from colors.css I guess the same issue would be present in the colors theme as well.

Yes, though its subjective whether its an issue or a preference.

It becomes more of a challenge on narrower displays, as the data rows can in some circumstances become quite wide (e.g. individuals with multiple marriages), so narrower margins might help. So its the usual debate of form over function.

• phicome
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #11 by phicome

erostew wrote: I have just copied this section verbatim from the colors theme so I am not sure exactly which part of webtrees this is used for. More detail would be appreciated. Is there a reason that this is needed only for rtl languages?

Il faut comparer l'affichage des branches. Afficher une branche avec le thème colors et la même avec le thème webtrees. L'indentation est différente. 30px peut être ramené à 20. C'est la seule modification que j'apporte. Donc je ne peux dire pourquoi "seulement rtl".

Cordialement

GT:
You have to compare the display of branches. View a branch with the theme colors and even with the webtrees theme. The indentation is different. 30px can be reduced to 20. This is the only change I make. So I can not say why "only rtl".

Cordially

• erostew
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #12 by erostew

phicome wrote:

erostew wrote: I have just copied this section verbatim from the colors theme so I am not sure exactly which part of webtrees this is used for. More detail would be appreciated. Is there a reason that this is needed only for rtl languages?

Il faut comparer l'affichage des branches. Afficher une branche avec le thème colors et la même avec le thème webtrees. L'indentation est différente. 30px peut être ramené à 20. C'est la seule modification que j'apporte. Donc je ne peux dire pourquoi "seulement rtl".

Cordialement

GT:
You have to compare the display of branches. View a branch with the theme colors and even with the webtrees theme. The indentation is different. 30px can be reduced to 20. This is the only change I make. So I can not say why "only rtl".

Cordially

I have made some small changes and fixed the css for rtl to apply ONLY to rtl languages. The display is now very similar to webtrees theme, etc. The colors theme and cloudy both use css to have almost zero indentation so that it really is hard to follow what is going on.

GT - J'ai fait quelques petits changements et a fixé le css pour rtl s'appliquer uniquement aux langues rtl. L'affichage est maintenant très similaire à thème webtrees, etc Le thème colors et cloudy utiliser les CSS pour avoir indentation presque nulle, de sorte qu'il est très difficile de suivre ce qui se passe.

I will include the changes in the next release of the tones theme. If you wish to make the changes before then here are the changes:
On line # 50 of tones.css are these 3 lines of code --
GT - Je vais inclure les changements dans la prochaine version du thème tons. Si vous souhaitez faire des modifications avant alors voici les changements:
Sur la ligne n ° 50 de tones.css sont ces 3 lignes de code --
Code:
fieldset ol, fieldset li{margin:2px 0 0 5px;} html[dir='rtl'] fieldset{text-align:right;} html[dir='rtl'] fieldset ol, fieldset li{margin:2px 5px 0 0;}

Replace that with the following code --
GT - Le remplacer par le code suivant --
Code:
fieldset ol, fieldset li{margin:2px 0 0 12px;} html[dir='rtl'] fieldset{text-align:right;} html[dir='rtl'] fieldset ol, html[dir='rtl'] fieldset li{margin:2px 12px 0 0;}

Everything should then be very similar to the webtrees theme, etc.
GT - Tout devrait alors être très similaire au thème webtrees, etc.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by erostew.

• phicome
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #13 by phicome
C'est tout à fait ce qu'il faut faire. Cependant, pouvez-vous mettre 15px au lieu de 12 ? Cela permet une grande largeur (profondeur de descendance) en résolution 1024x768 (Firefox, Opera), sans l'apparition d'une barre de navigation horizontale. Et c'est beaucoup plus agréable à utiliser.

Excellent travail

Merci

GT :
This is quite what to do. However, can you put 15px instead of 12? This allows a wide (depth of descent) in 1024x768 resolution (Firefox, Opera), without the appearance of a horizontal scrollbar. And it is much nicer to use.

Excellent work

Thank you

• jeanphilippe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 weeks ago #14 by jeanphilippe
Replied by jeanphilippe on topic Tones theme for webtrees 1.3.2
Hi Stew,

I was using Tones in 1.3.2 and, for me, it's the best compromise between readability and eye stress. Congrats.

I tried it in 1.4. Until now all is right except tabs

Do you plan to make version for 1.4 ?
Attachments:

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #15 by HonkXL
Replied by HonkXL on topic Tones theme for webtrees 1.3.2
Interesting! For me the tabs are working well in 1.4.0

But I have problems with images: persons with images are displayed bad in the bookmarks and in the tree. See the screenshots.
Attachments:

• jeanphilippe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 weeks ago #16 by jeanphilippe
Hi Honk,

Tabs are good for me on "my page", like you , but are not for individual pages (my screenshot was for individual). Are your tabs good for individual ?

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #17 by HonkXL
Yes - here is my screenshot from webtrees 1.4.0 with tone:

Attachments:

• jeanphilippe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 weeks ago #18 by jeanphilippe
OK. Lucky man :)

It seems that there is something wrong in my css. But I don't know what. Do you have the "Tones Theme Version:1.3.2 " ?
I have the same problem on all my linux desktop browsers (Firefox, Chromium, Midori) and Android smartphone (opera, firefox, dolphin, etc)

I really don't understand where is the problem if we use the same version of the theme.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #19 by HonkXL
I am not sure where to see the version. But I zipped my Tones folder and uploaded it.
You can download it here:
files.honkpage.de/transfer/Tones.zip

• jeanphilippe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #20 by jeanphilippe
Thank you very much Honk. It's very nice. I'll try.

Edit : I've tried. No more success. There must something special in my configuration. Anyway, Thank to you for helping.

I've seen that new versions for 1.4 of other themes are available. And I find Xeneo good. Then I'll wait a Tones for 1.4 version.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by jeanphilippe.