Web based family history software

Question [Privacy] Useful to hide deceased children names?

• walgemoed
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #1 by walgemoed
I was trying to think if this is maybe a useful feature but before posting it to the 'features' section I would like to hear if more people agree.

I noticed that when I set my privacy rules to 'everyone' can see my relatives that are deceased, they also get to see (in my case) deceased children from relatives that are still alive.
I would like an option to only show deceased people when there are no living relatives this person.
I hope I explained this case enough.. I would like to know how you all look at this.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 8 months ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic [Privacy] Useful to hide deceased children names?
> only show deceased people when there are no living relatives this person.

Since everyone in your tree is (hopefully) related, then every deceased individual will have a living relative.

I do not understand why this would be useful.

There is an option to hide deceased individuals until some years after their death.

If you want to hide a specific individual, you can add a privacy restriction to their record.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• walgemoed
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #3 by walgemoed
Your solution with restrictions is probably ok.
But my issue is that someone in the family lost a child, so when you're looking at the familytree as someone who is not a member. You'll see the living relatives with their names hidden etc but then there is a child with one of them who you can see the full details of because she is deceased.

I've added a screenshot for clarification

Attachments:

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 8 months ago #4 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic [Privacy] Useful to hide deceased children names?
> Your solution with restrictions is probably ok.

> I've added a screenshot for clarification

I think a privacy restriction is the best approach here.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net