Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe :
Please do NOT post requests for help here. Use the Help forum for that.
  • Page :

SUJET :

Number of grandchildren and great-grandchildren il y a 2 semaines 1 jour #1

What's the best way to quickly see how many grandchildren and great-grandchildren an individual has? Thanks.

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Number of grandchildren and great-grandchildren il y a 2 semaines 19 heures #2

I don't think there is a good solution in the general case. The closest I can think of is Charts Menu -> Statistics -> Family tab, which includes "top 10" lists of couples with the largest number of children, and largest number of grandchildren. Interesting, but no help for an arbitrary individual, and it also doesn't report on great-grandchildren.

Beyond that, everything I can think of involves manual intervention. Personally, I would try either Charts Menu -> Interactive Tree (where you must count the number of boxes in a column), or Reports Menu -> Descendants (where you must count the number of children among people of the previous generation)

Number of grandchildren and great-grandchildren il y a 2 semaines 13 heures #3

• thomas52
  • Portrait de thomas52
  • Frequent
  • Frequent
  • Western North Carolina
Depending on what version you're using, I like the 'Family Tree Overview' - justcarmen.nl/fancy-modules/fancy-treeview/
JustCarmen's report shows Generation 2, 3, etc. or children, grands, great-grands, etc.
"Failure is an amazing teacher." (L'échec est un professeur extraordinaire.)

Number of grandchildren and great-grandchildren il y a 2 semaines 7 heures #4

• bertkoor
  • Portrait de bertkoor
  • Gold
  • Gold
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
1) The number of people in the first generation is 1: just the proband

2) menu Charts - Descendants: select 2 generations with layout Individuals. The total number of people is shown at the top (showing x of y), so the number of children of the proband is this number minus 1.

3) On the same chart select 3 generations. Take the total and subtract the total you had at 2). This is the number of grandchildren.

4) Select 4 generations. Take the total and subtract the total it showed at 3). This is the number of great-grandchildren.

If you use v1.7 then don't use this method since also partners are included in the list and thus get counted.

Example from Queen Victoria on the demo site:
| Gen | Total | This | Comments  |
|  1  |   1   |  -   | Herself     |
|  2  |   3   |  2   | Her children |
|  3  |   4   |  1   | Her grandchildren |
|  4  |   6   |  2   | Her great-grandchildren |
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13

Dernière édition: par bertkoor.
  • Page :
Propulsé par Kunena