Web based family history software

Solved Cookies

• Philippe
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #1 by Philippe
Cookies was created by Philippe
Bonjour,
Je me pose une question : webtrees utilise-t-il des cookies ? Quels sont leurs impacts ? Si Oui, comment faire pour me mettre en conformité par rapport à la CNIL (en France), où il faut signaler leur utilisation et proposer le choix au visiteur du site de les accepter ou de le refuser ?
Merci d'avance pour votre aide

Google translate :

Hello,
I ask myself a question: does webtrees use cookies? What are their impacts? If Yes, how do I bring myself into compliance with the CNIL (in France), where I must report their use and offer the site visitor the choice of accepting or rejecting it?
thank you in advance for your help

Philippe

webtrees : V2.1.1
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Philippe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #2 by Sir Peter
Replied by Sir Peter on topic Cookies
As far as I can judge webtrees uses a first-party session cookie called __Secure-WT-ID. It is technically required and does therefore NOT require the user's consent. It is not even required to inform the user about this specific cookie, but it is kind to do so. See gdpr.eu/cookies/ and the section about strictly necessary cookies.

The situation is different if you use HTML blocks and HTML keywords like #chart...# or #stats...#. These charts and statistics load code from Google's gstatic.com domain and will create Google cookies without asking for consent as long as the user's browser is configured to permit third-party cookies.

@Greg, are there any plans to replace Google's code in the near future?

Peter

More
2 years 8 months ago #3 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Cookies
> webtrees uses a first-party session cookie called __Secure-WT-ID. It is technically required and does therefore NOT require the user's consent.

This is correct.

There are several modules that integrate google analytics and similar services. If you enable these, then webtrees will show a cookie warning.
(Although this is outdated, and needs to be improved).

> @Greg, are there any plans to replace Google's code in the near future?

Yes - see github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues/3883

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Philippe
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 8 months ago #4 by Philippe
Replied by Philippe on topic Cookies
Merci pour vos réponses

Philippe

webtrees : V2.1.1