Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe :
Please do NOT post requests for help here. Use the Help forum for that.
  • Page :

SUJET :

Uppercase value for ROLE not recognized in webtrees 2.0.19 il y a 1 mois 2 semaines #1

• rola
  • Portrait de rola Auteur du sujet
  • Absent
  • Membre senior
  • Membre senior
According to webtrees.net/blog/2022/04/20/new-webtrees-release-2-1.0.html the values will be written in uppercase. This is fully compatible with GEDCOM 5.5.1.

I tested this uppercase values and when the value for subtag ROLE is in uppercase webtrees 2.0.19 is not recognizing this value and is displaying this as it is entered. So the GEDCOM-file produced with 2.1 is not fully compatible with webtrees 2.0.x (at least 2.0.19)

Ladislav

webtrees 2.0.24 + ⚶ Vesta modules (from cissee.de/)
testing webtres 2.1.5 + ⚶ Vesta modules
on PHP Version 7.4.28
Pièces jointes :

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Uppercase value for ROLE not recognized in webtrees 2.0.19 il y a 1 mois 1 semaine #2

• fisharebest
  • Portrait de fisharebest
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur
This is likely to affect many other tags.

It would be a lot of effort to back-port this into the 2.0 branch, and a major change would bring a risk of introducing new bugs.

PHP 7.4 goes out of support in 6 months, and so I don't plan to fix this.
Greg Roach - Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Uppercase value for ROLE not recognized in webtrees 2.0.19 il y a 1 mois 1 semaine #3

• rola
  • Portrait de rola Auteur du sujet
  • Absent
  • Membre senior
  • Membre senior
Thanks for the replay.

No, i do not want you fix this in the 2.0.x branch.

My post was more about the information about this behavior - and I posted this in "Open discussion" and not in Help for 2.1 or on the GitHub.

And it was perhaps a polite way to ask whether the decission about using uppercase and introducing a data incompatibility betwen 2.1 and earlier versions of webtrees was necessary. It is possible that also other applications will have a problem with this.
Support for GEDCOM 7.0 I see in a further future and I am sure there we will need a lot of other (and bigger) changes and Data-fixes.

I am not a roundtripper, and webtrees is my main application so I cann live with this without problems.
Ladislav

webtrees 2.0.24 + ⚶ Vesta modules (from cissee.de/)
testing webtres 2.1.5 + ⚶ Vesta modules
on PHP Version 7.4.28

• Page :
Propulsé par Kunena