Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe :
Please do NOT post requests for help here. Use the Help forum for that.
  • Page :

SUJET :

Should deleted records show in the list of changes? il y a 1 mois 2 semaines #1

• WGroleau
  • Portrait de WGroleau Auteur du sujet
  • Membre elite
  • Membre elite

The marked image is a duplicate of the one below it. Somehow entered accidentally and had an autogenerated filename.

When I noticed it today, after verifying that it was a duplicate, I deleted it. The deletion doesn't show up as a change, and probably shouldn't (since you can't see it by clicking on it).

But should the change still show? It WAS a change, but no one can see it by clicking the entry.
--
Wes Groleau
UniGen.us/
Pièces jointes :

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Dernière édition: par WGroleau.

Should deleted records show in the list of changes? il y a 1 mois 2 semaines #2

Hi Wes,

in my opinion, deletions should also be listed. Even if they are no longer clickable.

However, I had to realize that 'recent changes' does not quite fulfill what I expected ( see here: github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues/4373 ).

Depending on which option you choose ('webtrees db' or 'genealogy/GEDCOM'), you always have only a part of the changes. Some changes are missing completely, like deletions or multiple changes to the same record.

You have two options at the 'recent changes' menu:
1) 'webtrees' -> timestamp in mysql db
2 ) 'genealogy/GEDCOM' -> CHAN tag in GEDCOM data

a) When you create an INDI, than you will see with both options the 'creation timestamp'.If the INDI is linked to a family, you will see with 'webtrees' also the change in FAM, but not with the GEDCOM option.
b) When you (or others) change this INDI now multiple times, you will see only the _last_ change in both options. Changes before that are not shown (neither when nor who has worked on the record before).
c) When you delete this INDI, than this change is in none of both options recorded. With 'webtrees' option you will see only the last change from a) or b) and with the GEDCOM option the INDI disappeared totally.

The behavior with the 'GEDCOM' option I can understand (it simply searches for the tag CHAN) and is ok in my opinion.
From the option 'webtrees' I would have expected that all changes are displayed in a complete history. However, in its current form it is better than nothing.
Dieter
Schmidt ⚭ Schwab (Sudetenland) | Hauer ⚭ Bühler (Bayern / BW) | Маринов ⚭ Шаламанова (BG)
webtrees 2.1.4 | PHP 8.0 | MariaDB 10.3.34 | Apache 2.4 | Debian 4.19.181-1 (2021-03-19) x86_64

Should deleted records show in the list of changes? il y a 1 mois 2 semaines #3

How is it possible that you see these mulitiple changes?

Do they refer to different/duplicate records (INDI1,INDI2, ...)? Which wt-version are you using?
Dieter
Schmidt ⚭ Schwab (Sudetenland) | Hauer ⚭ Bühler (Bayern / BW) | Маринов ⚭ Шаламанова (BG)
webtrees 2.1.4 | PHP 8.0 | MariaDB 10.3.34 | Apache 2.4 | Debian 4.19.181-1 (2021-03-19) x86_64
Pièces jointes :

Should deleted records show in the list of changes? il y a 1 mois 2 semaines #4

I think that's Greg's essential statement: "This block exists so that visitors to your site can see recent activity."

So, the block simply gives a nice overview for visitors and is obviously not intended to be a complete list.

If you want to know it exactly, you can only do this in the control panel. The 'recent changes' are nice and compact, but a bit too compact for an admin. No problem if you know.
Dieter

Should deleted records show in the list of changes? il y a 1 mois 1 semaine #5

• WGroleau
  • Membre elite
  • Membre elite

in my opinion, deletions should also be listed. Even if they are no longer clickable.
www.webtrees.net/index.php/en/forum/9-re...recent-changes-block
--
Wes Groleau
UniGen.us/

Should deleted records show in the list of changes? il y a 1 mois 1 semaine #6

• WGroleau
  • Membre elite
  • Membre elite

How is it possible that you see these mulitiple changes?
Do they refer to different/duplicate records (INDI1,INDI2, ...)? Which wt-version are you using?

Three OBJE records were created, A, B, C.

B was a glitch or an accident and had a different filename than A, but the two files were uploaded from the same local file.

C was different.

The block showed all three, and since there were only supposed to be two, I deleted B, the duplicate from the media directory, AND from the GEDCOM.

The block still shows the three added files and does not show the deletion that happened a day later.
--
Wes Groleau
UniGen.us/

• Page :
Propulsé par Kunena