Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe :

For issues related to the current stable release please use it's own Help forum.
IMPORTANT:Please read this before using an git or nightly build version: wiki.webtrees.net/en/GIT

Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.

SUJET : HOW DO I MAKE USERS CREATE THEIR OWN TREE

HOW DO I MAKE USERS CREATE THEIR OWN TREE il y a 1 semaine 1 jour #1

• darwintouch
  • Portrait de darwintouch
  • New
HELLO FRIENDS I AM IN THE CREATION OF A PORTAL WHERE USERS CAN REGISTER THEIR OWN TREES AS IT IS FOR PETS AND THAT IT IS PRIVATE THAT ONLY THE USER CAN SEE HIS TREES AND DATA
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

HOW DO I MAKE USERS CREATE THEIR OWN TREE il y a 1 semaine 1 jour #2

• bertkoor
  • Portrait de bertkoor
  • Gold
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
How? Either with some manual steps (user approval includes you set things up) or heavy modifications in the PHP code. You probably want your own theme & texts anyway. Or automation through scripting actions in webtrees, which is equally difficult as modifying existing codebase.

Thought for you: pet owners might go recommend your site to each other. For instance dog breeders that exchange material and show pedigree to clients.
There are some good reasons to not having everything private or let users share trees. Avoiding duplicate infoirmation...

Note: YOUR CAPSLOCK KEY IS ENGAGED. THIS IS EQUIVALENT TO SCREAMING. Not needed at all.
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13
Dernière édition: il y a 1 semaine 1 jour par bertkoor.

HOW DO I MAKE USERS CREATE THEIR OWN TREE il y a 1 semaine 14 heures #3

• darwintouch
  • Portrait de darwintouch
  • New
Cómo se pronuncia
Thank you very much for the answer, first of all I apologize for the keyboard in capital letters, and I don't understand very well your answer you mean editing the code is complicated, My question was if there is the way that each user can require and create their own private trees since it will be for pets

HOW DO I MAKE USERS CREATE THEIR OWN TREE il y a 1 semaine 13 heures #4

• bertkoor
  • Portrait de bertkoor
  • Gold
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland
In webtrees the registered users can get assigned a role per existing tree:

* Visitor - has no special privileges, same as not logged in
* Member - may see information otherwise private (usually of close relatives only)
* Editor - may add & change records
* Administrator - can approve changes made by Editors
* Site Owner - has superpower, can do anything.

It is the Site Owners responsibility to assign roles and create trees.

Currently it is not possible in webtrees to create a tree automatically for each registered user. But you can do it manually. Making it an automated process is possible. webtrees is software, not hardware. So it can be changed. Easy if you know how to, otherwise may be hard. Depends on your talents and learning skills. Knowledge of the PHP programming language is required.

But if you have to ask: it probably will be hard for you.
The manual process to add a new tree is just a few clicks. So is it worthwhile? It depends...
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13
Dernière édition: il y a 1 semaine 13 heures par bertkoor.
Propulsé par Kunena