Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe :
Whilst small files can be uploaded to forum posts, if you have a custom theme or module to contribute please add it on the "Add-ons" page.
  • Page :

SUJET :

Topola-webtrees Add-on and Privacy il y a 1 mois 1 semaine #1

• ungeahnt
  • Portrait de ungeahnt Auteur du sujet
  • Membre junior
  • Membre junior
Hi,

in the past there have been discussions (see here or here ) about privacy in topola-webtrees-Add-on. The developer has now given feedback. According to him, currently the wt privacy settings are not taken into account. He would like to adjust this, but needs support for it ...

He also clarified that no GEDCOM data is sent to third parties with the add-on. Therefore the viewer is loaded into the browser and the data is only processed in the browser. At the moment, however, this is without regard to the wt privacy settings. In addition, he refers to the more detailed Gramps description.

I am not a developer and at which point the privacy is effectively bypassed, I can not say. Basically I like the module and would be happy if a developer takes a look at it. At the moment I will not use it - because of the missing privacy.
Dieter
Schmidt ⚭ Schwab (Sudetenland) | Hauer ⚭ Bühler (Bayern / BW) | Маринов ⚭ Шаламанова (BG)
webtrees 2.1.4 | PHP 8.0 | MariaDB 10.3.34 | Apache 2.4 | Debian 4.19.181-1 (2021-03-19) x86_64

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Dernière édition: par ungeahnt.

Topola-webtrees Add-on and Privacy il y a 1 mois 1 semaine #2

I just installed the module, but get following error: failed to read gedcom file.
Can I do anything to overcome this.
Console says:
load_data.ts:90 Failed to load data from session storage: SecurityError: Failed to read the 'sessionStorage' property from 'Window': Access is denied for this document.
(anonym) @ load_data.ts:90
l @ runtime.js:63
(anonym) @ runtime.js:293
(anonym) @ runtime.js:118
r @ asyncToGenerator.js:3
u @ asyncToGenerator.js:25
(anonym) @ asyncToGenerator.js:32
(anonym) @ asyncToGenerator.js:21
ot @ main.f845c794.chunk.js:1
it @ load_data.ts:79
(anonym) @ embedded.ts:58
l @ runtime.js:63
(anonym) @ runtime.js:293
(anonym) @ runtime.js:118
r @ asyncToGenerator.js:3
u @ asyncToGenerator.js:25
(anonym) @ asyncToGenerator.js:32
(anonym) @ asyncToGenerator.js:21
(anonym) @ embedded.ts:34
(anonym) @ embedded.ts:78

I am using php 8.1

Dernière édition: par Franz Frese.

Topola-webtrees Add-on and Privacy il y a 1 mois 1 semaine #3

• ungeahnt
  • Portrait de ungeahnt Auteur du sujet
  • Membre junior
  • Membre junior
A small note: according to the explanation, the code for the viewer is downloaded from github. Obviously, you have to remember that the code can be changed at any time and you don't really know what exactly is loaded.

To make this safe, the code should actually be integrated in the code of the module, or?

@Franz Frese: as described in the gramps-documentation, there is a tmp-file created. Maybe the add-on has no read-acces to this file? Maybe due to new wt security settings or due to your webserver/file settings?
btw: it's better to open a new topic in such a case
Dieter
Schmidt ⚭ Schwab (Sudetenland) | Hauer ⚭ Bühler (Bayern / BW) | Маринов ⚭ Шаламанова (BG)
webtrees 2.1.4 | PHP 8.0 | MariaDB 10.3.34 | Apache 2.4 | Debian 4.19.181-1 (2021-03-19) x86_64

Topola-webtrees Add-on and Privacy il y a 1 mois 1 semaine #4

sorry: and its already reported on github!

Topola-webtrees Add-on and Privacy il y a 1 mois 1 semaine #5

I recommend not to use this module!

Google search has access via Topola to all private data in your tree.
Hermann
Designer of the custom module "Extended Family"

webtrees 2.0.23 (all custom modules installed, php 7.4.15, MySQL 5.6) @ ahnen.hartenthaler.eu

Dernière édition: par hermann.
  • Page :
Propulsé par Kunena