Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe :

Please do NOT expect all Feature Requests to be actioned automatically. Describing your proposal here will ensure the development team are aware of it, and they will give it careful consideration.

SUJET : Search engine request for Chinese characters

Search engine request for Chinese characters il y a 1 semaine 2 jours #1

• joeysun
  • Portrait de joeysun
  • New
For Chinese language, there are basically two variants of character presentation, traditional and simplified. Traditional has been around for thousands of years and is currently used in Hong Kong and Taiwan. Simplified, while existing for hundreds of years, is used by the Peoples Republic of China and Singapore and has less strokes. Simplified was mandated in 1949 to increase literacy.

Can the webtrees search engine look for both simplified and traditional Chinese characters at the same time? Then the searcher does not have to switch between the character set. Google and Baidu search engines will do this as default.

The advantage is that you will not need to enter the Chinese names in both traditional and simplified font in the name field, and then search for them separately.

The second request is this error precaution during a search: Please enter more than one character. For example, the simplified surname 应 gives that error, but the traditional 應 (same surname Ying) does not. I am unsure if this is based on unicode. The unicode for 应 is U+5E94 and for 應 is U+61C9
Doug
webtrees v1.7.12 at Our Family Jiapu 家譜/家谱
PHP Version 7.0.30 | Home ISP w/ Raspberry Pi 2b
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Search engine request for Chinese characters il y a 2 jours 2 heures #2

• xmlf
  • Portrait de xmlf
  • New
1. Using traditional and simplified characters, the search results are different.

I think you can implement this function by modifying the program. Regardless of whether the user input is a traditional or simplified Chinese character, it will be converted into a traditional Chinese character for searching.
The following code can do this.
github.com/NauxLiu/opencc4php

2, I am currently using PGV, webtrees is developed from PGV, the same problem also appeared in PGV. This error is caused by the program using js to determine the length of the character, to length>1

如果你有兴趣,可以发信息给我,和我一起来维护家谱网站。
Dernière édition: il y a 2 jours 2 heures par xmlf.

Search engine request for Chinese characters il y a 1 jour 13 heures #3

• fisharebest
  • Portrait de fisharebest
  • Administrator
> The following code can do this. github.com/NauxLiu/opencc4php

This is a custom PHP extension.

I think that very few web hosts will allow you to compile and install PHP extensions.

I can find lots of on-line tools that will translate between traditional and simplifed. But I cannot find any dictionaries that I could use myself.

> The second request is this error precaution during a search: Please enter more than one character.

This check exists to prevent search results that contain so many results that PHP cannot display them due to memory / CPU limits.

github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues/2234
Greg Roach - Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Search engine request for Chinese characters il y a 1 jour 12 heures #4

• joeysun
  • Portrait de joeysun
  • New
fisharebest écrit:
...This check exists to prevent search results that contain so many results that PHP cannot display them due to memory / CPU limits.
github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues/2234
Thanks for adding an enhancement label on github.
From this 2009 NYT article : Name Not on Our List? Change It, China Says- www.nytimes.com/2009/04/21/world/asia/21china.html?_r=1
By some estimates, 100 surnames cover 85 percent of China’s citizens. ...By contrast, 70,000 surnames cover 90 percent of Americans.
I understand now the concern. xmlf shared writing an algorithm on his Chinese PGV site that will display the parents of a search to try to narrow down the number of results. When he migrates to webtrees 2.x from PGV, maybe he can share that algorithm with you.
Doug
webtrees v1.7.12 at Our Family Jiapu 家譜/家谱
PHP Version 7.0.30 | Home ISP w/ Raspberry Pi 2b
Dernière édition: il y a 1 jour 11 heures par joeysun. Raison: update

Search engine request for Chinese characters il y a 1 jour 3 heures #5

• xmlf
  • Portrait de xmlf
  • New
Sorry, I may not have considered using a web host user. Because I am using vps.
The dictionary is already available in the opencc project.

The opencc project: github.com/BYVoid/OpenCC/

The dictionary : github.com/BYVoid/OpenCC/tree/master/data/dictionary
Propulsé par Kunena