Web based family history software

Idea Setting and display of family insignia - paying

More
4 years 7 months ago #1 by bako
It would be nice to be able to create a report with the display of family insignias.

If you note the plural form, one is a part of many family's that would have different insignias. For me, being able to display a vertical stacked family insignias.

Background: I come from a Hawaiian family. It is hawaiian culture for one to have a tattoo portraying one's family. It is normally a vertically stacked combination of tattoos with each descendant having have a horizontal segment and unique pattern. Think of it like git branching; but instead of names and numbers it's visual representation.

I'm down to drop a couple of buck to make this happen. Amount to be negotiated and determined on reliability, practicality, functionality.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thomas52
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Western North Carolina
More
4 years 7 months ago #2 by thomas52
You don't mention which version you have installed, but you could easily use Carmen's Fancy Image Bar @ justcarmen.nl/fancy-modules/fancy-imagebar/
I use it on my site @ www.adkins.ws/ to give you an idea of the appearance. I also display a coat of arms on my home page, and you could employ something similar.
If you are focused on a "stacked" display, that may be more of a challenge.

"Failure is an amazing teacher." (L'échec est un professeur extraordinaire.)

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 7 months ago #3 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Setting and display of family insignia - paying
> Think of it like git branching; but instead of names and numbers it's visual representation.

I can't visualise this, and I can't find anything on google.

Can you post a link to some examples?

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

More
4 years 7 months ago #4 by bako

fisharebest wrote: > Think of it like git branching; but instead of names and numbers it's visual representation.

I can't visualise this, and I can't find anything on google.

Can you post a link to some examples?

I've attached a very basic concept. Granted it's not elaborate at all... you can google polynesian leg tattoos. Something with a horizontal aspect is what you're looking for.

4.bp.blogspot.com/-3C8hJJXbgjo/V9Q5DgAjd...maori-antebrazo-.jpg
Attachments:

More
4 years 7 months ago #5 by bako

thomas52 wrote: You don't mention which version you have installed, but you could easily use Carmen's Fancy Image Bar @ justcarmen.nl/fancy-modules/fancy-imagebar/
I use it on my site @ www.adkins.ws/ to give you an idea of the appearance. I also display a coat of arms on my home page, and you could employ something similar.
If you are focused on a "stacked" display, that may be more of a challenge.

The image bar might work if you do some fancy CSS or javascript of image rotation.

However, is there a way to do a specify image sequence for the image bar?

• thomas52
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Western North Carolina
More
4 years 7 months ago #6 by thomas52
Of course.

"Failure is an amazing teacher." (L'échec est un professeur extraordinaire.)