Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe :
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page :

SUJET :

Ability to add Filipino Naming Conventions il y a 1 semaine 6 jours #1

Just wondering if there is a configuration setting when adding a name within a Filipino family where the mothers maiden name is automatically entered to the child by default.

I know you can manually adjust this, but looking to see if the option exists somewhere in the configuration settings,
Thanks in advance :)
webtrees website: www.ancestryunited.com
Windows 10 Pro OS; Apache 2.4.18; PHP 7.3.6; MySQL 5.6.43, webtrees version 2.0.6

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Ability to add Filipino Naming Conventions il y a 1 semaine 6 jours #2

I think this is considered a "matrilineal — Children take their mother’s surname. " naming convention.

Go to the Control Panel -> Tree -> Preferences -> Other preferences (Surname tradition) select "matrilineal" . This is toward the bottom.
Ken

Dernière édition: par norwegian_sardines.

Ability to add Filipino Naming Conventions il y a 1 semaine 6 jours #3

Thanks norwegian_sardines, just looking at that setting now. If I make this change as suggested will it affect all users of this tree? Can I make this change to an individual users profile?
webtrees website: www.ancestryunited.com
Windows 10 Pro OS; Apache 2.4.18; PHP 7.3.6; MySQL 5.6.43, webtrees version 2.0.6

Ability to add Filipino Naming Conventions il y a 1 semaine 6 jours #4

• bertkoor
  • Portrait de bertkoor
  • Gold
  • Gold
  • Greetings from Utrecht, Holland

buzz69 écrit: If I make this change as suggested will it affect all users of this tree?

No, existing data is never altered by changing a setting on the control panel. It will only affect persons that are created in webtrees after the change.

buzz69 écrit: Can I make this change to an individual users profile?

Not automatically. Don't tell me you did create dozens of people with the wrong surname. You have to check and amend them all. Just click on the pencil icon next to the name. Maybe it is easier to delete these persons and create them again.

But you say "user profile". For webtrees this is something different than the recorded genealogical data of an individual. To me "user profile" is the data recorded of a living person that uses your website and has registered and given the role of member or editor.
stamboom.BertKoor.nl runs on webtrees v1.7.13

Dernière édition: par bertkoor.
  • Page :
Propulsé par Kunena