Web based family history software

Question How to edit shared note?

More
3 years 8 months ago #1 by Mona
How to edit shared note? was created by Mona
How can I edit in a shared note?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #2 by nwagers
Replied by nwagers on topic How to edit shared note?
If you're on the individual that has a shared note, instead of clicking on the pencil icon to edit, like you would on a normal note, click on the words "Shared Note", which is a link. This will take you to the edit page.

You can also find your shared notes by going to "Lists" in the top navigation bar and selecting "Shared Notes" from there.

Once you're on the shared note page, you'll see the pencil icon that allows you to edit like normal notes.

More
3 years 8 months ago #3 by Mona
Replied by Mona on topic How to edit shared note?
I forgot to tell, that the shared note is under a census. There is not the option to edit the note.

I found the list of shared notes, but there are 522 to look trough, and I can't search it up, allthough I know the number. After the last update the search-function do not work.

More
3 years 8 months ago #4 by nwagers
Replied by nwagers on topic How to edit shared note?
In the lists, you can change the display to "All" in the bottom right and show all 522 records at once. Then you can user your browser's search usually by pressing Ctrl+F. You can also type the name in the search box in the top right and when you get to the results page you can uncheck the defaults "Individual" and "Family" and check "Shared Notes".

I just checked on one of my Census notes and it shows I can edit it like any other shared note, so you should be able to do it.

More
3 years 8 months ago #5 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic How to edit shared note?
If you have selected the "Automatically expand notes" option in the tree's preferences, then there is no link.

This is issue github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues/3246 and was fixed a few days ago..

> allthough I know the number.

If you mean you know the GEDCOM "XREF", then just type it into the search box in the page header.

> After the last update the search-function do not work.

Which search? The "Filter" option in the shared-note list?

What do you mean by "not work"?
Error message?

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

More
3 years 8 months ago #6 by Mona
I had selected the "Automatically expand notes" option in the tree's preferences, and it help to unselect. Thanks!

Yes by search-function I mean the Filter. When I write fx "N193" in filter It says "No posts to show" and "0 of 522 was found". And I know, that there is a shared note with that number.

More
3 years 8 months ago #7 by fisharebest
> I had selected the "Automatically expand notes" option in the tree's preferences, and it help to unselect. Thanks!

OK. This is fixed in 2.0.7

> When I write fx "N193" in filter

The "filter" field only searches the data that is included in the table.

But if you know the XREF (N193), just type it into the search box in the header...

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

More
3 years 8 months ago #8 by Mona
But if you know the XREF (N193), just type it into the search box in the header...

Wow - very useful - thanks!

More
3 years 8 months ago #9 by Mona
I have another question (not about notes): When I search for a person/name, I get too many suggestions. If I want to filter "show only men/women" nothing happens. (See Attachment)
Attachments:

More
3 years 8 months ago #10 by fisharebest
This is a bug in the UI framework that we use.

It has been reported/fixed. I'm just waiting for them to issue a new release.

It's frustrating, as they usually issue a ".1" release within a few weeks of a ".0" release - but not this time...

See github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/issues/3281

More
3 years 8 months ago #11 by Mona
OK. I have to wait for the update. But now I know it's not me doing it wrong. :-) Thanks.