Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe :
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here.
  • Page :

SUJET :

add related person il y a 1 mois 1 semaine #1

• guidovanharten
  • Portrait de guidovanharten Auteur du sujet
  • Junior
  • Junior
I would like to add the name of the reverend who christened a person, who blessed the wedding ceremony and minister of funeral meeting.
More detailed: a customizable label.
In my opinion 'pastor' is not the right term.

What is the best I can do? Add a question on github?

Best regards,
Guido

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

add related person il y a 1 mois 1 semaine #2

• thomas52
  • Portrait de thomas52
  • Frequent
  • Frequent
  • Western North Carolina
Too many options here. A person who has officiated at a baptism, marriage or funeral could conceivably be a clergyman (minister, priest, chaplain, etc.,) public official, or any other person.
For example, in the 'Latin Church:' "If the ordinary minister is absent or impeded, a catechist or some other person deputed to this office by the local Ordinary, may lawfully confer baptism; indeed, in a case of necessity, any person who has the requisite intention may do so (canon 861 §2), even a non-Catholic or indeed a non-Christian.
Certainly no "customizable" label. How's that for a non-answer?
"Failure is an amazing teacher." (L'échec est un professeur extraordinaire.)

add related person il y a 1 mois 1 semaine #3

• fisharebest
  • Portrait de fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
You have a source for this data?
Just use the words from the source.

Here is an example from my tree. I just copy the exact words from the marriage certificate.

"Married in the church according to the rites and ceremonies of the established church after Banns by me Robert Hawkins, vicar"

Greg Roach - Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser. - fisharebest.webtrees.net
Pièces jointes :

add related person il y a 1 mois 1 semaine #4

TEXT should be your friend when it comes to this type of information.

As Greg indicated, add a SOURce to your database that contain all of the basic information about the source document, if you want to expose specifics about the event that was written in the source, add a TEXT tag with the words used in the source.

For cases were the source document has information about multiple events/facts you can also use the DATA.TEXT tag of the Source_Citation to present detailed text from the source that relates to the specific event/fact.

This is a case were using what GEDCOM already incorporates in its design before looking to customize is the best approach.
Ken

Dernière édition: par norwegian_sardines.

add related person il y a 1 mois 1 semaine #5

• guidovanharten
  • Portrait de guidovanharten Auteur du sujet
  • Junior
  • Junior
May be my question is unclear (I forgot some details into my question). I want to add the names of the reverend, etc. using the ASSO tag.

I don't have a source document. Some details I heard from my parents (the reverend when I was christened). The reverend of my religious wedding I remember (of course).

add related person il y a 1 mois 1 semaine #6

• fisharebest
  • Portrait de fisharebest
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
> I want to add the names of the reverend, etc. using the ASSO tag.

For witnesses, godparents, priests, etc.

You can either

1) add the name of the witness/godparent/priest to a note or source-citation.

2) create an (unlinked) individual record for them, and then link him/her as an ASSO.

I think that it is usual to use (2) only when the witness/etc. is also a family member.

Otherwise, I would use (1).
Greg Roach - Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Dernière édition: par fisharebest.

add related person il y a 1 mois 1 semaine #7

If the priest’s name you want to store is associate with an specific event/fact then make sure the NOTE you use is associated with that event, the same would be true if you used an _ASSO tag to associate the event to the priest.

Personally, unless the priest is a family member, I would only create the NOTE, and NOT use the _ASSO tag.
Ken

• Page :
Propulsé par Kunena