Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe :

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11/12). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

SUJET : Media files in more than one tree

Media files in more than one tree il y a 1 mois 1 jour #1

• HonkXL
  • Portrait de HonkXL
  • Junior
I had one tree in webtrees. I exported this tree and created a second tree with the import of this GEDCOM file.

Now all media files from the first tree are visible in the second tree, too. All references are linking to the same media file. This is ok for me.

When I now add a new media file to tree 1, I found no way to link it to the same person in tree 2. I do not want to have duplicated files on the server. It is ok for me that both trees are using the same media files.

Is there a way to link a person in tree 2 to a media file in tree 1?
My homepage: www.weiland24.de
My webtrees: webtrees.weiland24.de
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Media files in more than one tree il y a 1 mois 1 jour #2

• fisharebest
  • Portrait de fisharebest
  • Administrator
Yes you can have the same media file used by media objects in more than one tree.

You just need to create a new media object in the second tree, and specify the same filename as the media object in the first tree.
Greg Roach - Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Media files in more than one tree il y a 1 mois 22 heures #3

• HonkXL
  • Portrait de HonkXL
  • Junior
It's so simple, but I did not find this way. Thank you for the help!

Media files in more than one tree il y a 1 semaine 3 heures #4

• helazo
  • Portrait de helazo
  • New
Hello,
Sorry I don't understand "You just need to create a new media object in the second tree, and specify the same filename as the media object in the first tree. " I've tried, it does't work... I think I am not in the right place to do that. (from the
I have also try to paste the nuber of media in the Gedcom code... not good.
Thanks.

Media files in more than one tree il y a 6 jours 23 heures #5

• HonkXL
  • Portrait de HonkXL
  • Junior
Hi,

it's very easy: Add the image to the first tree as you would do this usally (by uploading it).

Then go to your second tree click to "add a media object". In the field "filename on server" you enter the filename of the media file (it is case sensitive!). Then fill out the other fields. Don't select a file in the first field. Then Save and thats all.

Media files in more than one tree il y a 6 jours 22 heures #6

• helazo
  • Portrait de helazo
  • New
Thank you for your answer.
I can't do it. I tried sereral times, I haven't the sensitive choice (I want to put a pdf file not a picture).
After fusion it was OK but when I complete a data on the first tree, I need to do the same modificatin in the second and it is there the problem appears.
It is for this reason what I have made a post asking the possibility to have one person in several tree some time ago, it will be very useful.
Propulsé par Kunena