Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe :

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.10/11/12). For issues related to development versions please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

SUJET : [SOLVED] Editing coordinates in OSM

Editing coordinates in OSM il y a 4 semaines 1 jour #1

• pilgrim
  • Portrait de pilgrim
  • New
Hello everybody and have a nice Sunday.
After I entered all my location data GoogleMaps compliant, Google made its API chargeable. So I deactivated the module and switched to the OSM module. It seemed quite useful to me until I realized that some places were not displayed at all and some were very inaccurately placed. But I didn't find a tool for OSM where you could enter coordinates directly, like GoogleMaps does.
In search of alternatives I started to enter the coordinates directly into GEDCOM. This works well as it displays all entries in OSM and positions them exactly. But these entries are also visible in the frontend (see screenshot). Icons to external links in GoogleMaps, Bing and OSM are also displayed, which are opened in the same window and only show the specific entry and not all entries of the person. These do not replace the tab for the map anyway and are therefore not really useful.
Is there a possibility to prevent the display of the coordinates in the frontend together with the icons? I am not familiar with such a trick in GEDCOM editing (the default underscore is not). Or is there a module for OSM that makes it possible to edit the coordinates? I have more than 2500 entries in the family tree, so the simplest solution is the most welcome one.
Thanks in advance for the help

By the way: In your "Suggestions" you recommend to translate requests to the forum with Google, if English is not your native language. May I suggest DeepL - is much better than Google Translator
Pièces jointes :
pedigree.med-huber.at/
Server: PHP-Version 7.2
L'administrateur a désactivé l'accès en écriture pour le public.

Editing coordinates in OSM il y a 4 semaines 1 jour #2

• ric2015
  • Portrait de ric2015
  • New
1. Even if you don't use the Google Maps module for displaying maps, you can still enter place coordinates there. In webtrees 2.x, these aspects are separated anyway. In 1.x, the respective place coordinates should be used by custom OSM modules as well (there are different ones - which one are you using?)

2. Whether external map link icons are displayed should be a configuration option in webtrees - Anyway this has nothing to do with the GEDCOM data itself. You can use a modified facts & events tab from my custom modules, where you can configure this via the control panel (see the screenshot for the webtrees 1.x version).

Richard

webtrees 1.7.10 at cissee.de/webtrees
Custom modules for 1.7.9.x and 2.x (Extended Relationships, Gov4Webtrees, Shared Places, Compact Themes Adjuster) available at cissee.de
Dernière édition: il y a 4 semaines 1 jour par ric2015.

Editing coordinates in OSM il y a 4 semaines 16 heures #3

• pilgrim
  • Portrait de pilgrim
  • New
Thank you Richard for your answer.
With your dhints I could fix the icons and the coordinate display.
But now the notice appears everywhere:
(for example) "GOV (1492): No GOV id set for 'Abbey St. Mary Magdalene'!" and below it an input field and a set button.
What is GOV id?
pedigree.med-huber.at/

Editing coordinates in OSM il y a 4 semaines 15 heures #4

• pilgrim
  • Portrait de pilgrim
  • New
To specify my last posting here is a screenshot
Pièces jointes :
pedigree.med-huber.at/

Editing coordinates in OSM il y a 4 semaines 12 heures #5

• ric2015
  • Portrait de ric2015
  • New
pilgrim écrit:
What is GOV id?

You have added my other custom modules - for now you can deactivate those (apart from the extended facts & events tab) in the control panel.
To make this notice disappear, you can deactivate gov4webtrees in particular.

(The module is used to obtain location data from the GOV-Server, a historic gazetteer, see here)
Richard

webtrees 1.7.10 at cissee.de/webtrees
Custom modules for 1.7.9.x and 2.x (Extended Relationships, Gov4Webtrees, Shared Places, Compact Themes Adjuster) available at cissee.de

Editing coordinates in OSM il y a 4 semaines 10 heures #6

• pilgrim
  • Portrait de pilgrim
  • New
Thx a lot
pedigree.med-huber.at/

[SOLVED] Editing coordinates in OSM il y a 4 semaines 9 heures #7

• pilgrim
  • Portrait de pilgrim
  • New
Problem solved.
pedigree.med-huber.at/
Propulsé par Kunena