Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.2). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

Important edit_changes.php:143 ErrorException

• Justice
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #1 by Justice
edit_changes.php:143 ErrorException was created by Justice
Hello,

I just installed a new apache2 Server based on Debian Jessie 8.2, created a new user webtrees and told the apache Server to deliver and handle documents as this user. I created a new mysql-user and an according database. The user has all rights on this database expect "WITH GRANT OPTION". The media folder is based in /mnt/webtrees-media and mounted via fstab with correct working user priviledges. Everything is working fine. I can use webtrees as I did before in version 1.6 on my RaspBerryPi for test purpose. I can edit persons, add media and so on.

The only thing that does not work is clicking on "Ausstehende Änderungen" (perhaps outstanding changes in the english version?) on the main page. A new window is opened saying:

#0 /edit_changes.php:143 ErrorException("Undefined offset: 1")

I looked into the php-file and it seems like something about the preg_match order is not working. I tried to set the offset to "0" in the edit_changes.php, but this changed nothing but the error message ("Undefined offset: 0").

Nevertheless: Changing details and clicking directly on "Änderungen übernehmen" (perhaps accept changes in the english version) works fine. But without the option on the main page I am not able to see which changes are outstanding?!

My webtree is imported via a GEDCOM file and I moved the media files directly in the mentioned media folder. I created a new tree, edited JOHN DOE and have got the same fault.

Any suppose what went wrong here?
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Justice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic edit_changes.php:143 ErrorException
I think this is a known problem which is already fixed.

It happens when you create a record (but do not accept the change), and then delete the pending change.

The record exists, but the "current" and "previous" versions are both empty, so webtrees does not know how to handle it.

If I remember correctly (there were two similar errors), the fix is here:

github.com/fisharebest/webtrees/commit/4...7b756b3823eed0a2bb1e

Or you could just run the SQL statement...
Or you could install the latest development code from github.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Justice
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3 by Justice
Replied by Justice on topic edit_changes.php:143 ErrorException
Fixed!

I implemented the github code into my GedcomRecord.php. Unfortunately the Migration32.php doesn't exist in my version, i suppose github shows the development version and the next update will fix it.

Nevertheless running

root@debian:/# mysql -u root -p
mysql> use webtrees;
mysql> delete from wt_change where old_gedcom='' and new_gedcom='';

fixed the problem.

Thanks for your fast and precise help !
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Justice.