Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.5). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

Question [SOLVED] how to add/modify a theme?

More
7 years 8 months ago #21 by JustCarmen
Replied by JustCarmen on topic how to add/modify a theme?
I'm lost. I've tested the code you've sent me by email and which I've fixed and posted here. It was working in my local environment and solved the errors you had.

Your code is now different. First of all you have changed all the names and the theme you want to extend. Not a big deal but it makes things very confusing.

But to answer your question:

You can find the name in the theme.php from the choosen theme. (f.e. webtreesTheme or ColorsTheme)
but I m not complete sure if I m right here.

This is correct. Uses should be placed above the class declaration.

But be aware that this theme will not work because of the use of the Class 'myTheme' and the used namespace. It is the same as the example _custom theme. So if you have both in your themes directory you will get an error. The code I posted earlier does work.

Carmen
Designer of the JustLight theme (comes with a light and dark color palette), Fancy Imagebar, Fancy Research Links and Fancy Treeview for webtrees 2

Check my website at www.justcarmen.nl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #22 by JustCarmen
Replied by JustCarmen on topic how to add/modify a theme?
After sleeping over it I see what you are trying to do with your last post.

Forget my previous one. You are giving a way of modifying the custom theme so it will be easier to understand what you need to change when making your own, right?

Carmen
Designer of the JustLight theme (comes with a light and dark color palette), Fancy Imagebar, Fancy Research Links and Fancy Treeview for webtrees 2

Check my website at www.justcarmen.nl

• jopla
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #23 by jopla
Replied by jopla on topic how to add/modify a theme?
Hoi Carmen,

Ja, ik dacht aan je reactie al te zien dat je mijn bedoeling niet helemaal had begrepen. :-) Ik ben ook niet altijd even wakker als ik met de stamboom bezig ben. :-)

Misschien kunnen mijn suggestisch worden toegevoegd aan de _custom/theme.php file en in de wiki: wiki.webtrees.net/en/Category:Customising_webtrees ?

Geen idee hoe dat moet en met mijn kennis van het engels ben ik denk ik niet degene die het zou moeten doen.

English translation from google:

Hi Carmen,

Yes, I thought to see your reaction that you had not quite understood my intention. :-) I'm not always awake when I'm working on the family tree. :-)

Maybe add my suggestions involving the _custom / theme.php file and in the wiki: wiki.webtrees.net/en/Category:Customising_webtrees ?

No idea how to do that with my knowledge of English I think I'm not the one who should be doing.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by jopla.