Web based family history software

This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.7). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."

Important Import gedcom file results in crash

• boppex
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #1 by boppex
Import gedcom file results in crash was created by boppex
After importing an export of a MyHeritage gedcom the import crashes.
Code:
../../public_html/webtrees/app/Fact.php:69 Invalid GEDCOM data passed to Fact::_construct(164 8 - 1673 Pfarrer und Metropolitan in Echze ll) #0 /app/GedcomRecord.php:108 InvalidArgumentException("Invalid GEDCOM data passed to Fact::_construct(164 8 - 1673 Pfarrer und Metropolitan in Echze ll)") #1 /app/GedcomRecord.php:84 parseFacts() #2 /app/Functions/FunctionsImport.php:642 __construct('I501272', '0 @I501272@ INDI 1 _UPD 13 AUG…', [NULL], [Tree]) #3 /import.php:214 importRecord('0 @I501272@ INDI 1 _UPD 13 AU…', [Tree], false)

1. webtrees has issues with certain individual fields from a MyHeritage .ged file
2. Control panel is now 'stuck' and I can't do anything.

Please PM me for the .ged file if needed :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #2 by fisharebest
Replied by fisharebest on topic Import gedcom file results in crash
> After importing an export of a MyHeritage gedcom the import crashes

This GEDCOM file is presumably invalid. Record I501272 has a "fact" line that does not begin with a "1".
Perhaps the previous line wraps onto a second line?

You could open the GEDCOM file with a text editor, scroll down to the record and take a look?

> Please PM me for the .ged file if needed :)

The error should be fairly obvious. Even if you have never looked at a GEDCOM file, you'll quickly spot the pattern/structure of it. If you can't, then email it to me at fisharebest@gmail.com

> webtrees has issues with certain individual fields from a MyHeritage .ged file

Unless you give details, I'm not sure how to help you.

> Control panel is now 'stuck' and I can't do anything.

You can either delete this tree, or import another GEDCOM file. The other functions for this tree won't work until there is a complete tree.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by fisharebest.

• boppex
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by boppex
Replied by boppex on topic Import gedcom file results in crash
> After importing an export of a MyHeritage gedcom the import crashes

This GEDCOM file is presumably invalid. Record I501272 has a "fact" line that does not begin with a "1".
Perhaps the previous line wraps onto a second line?
I was able to find the person and edited the note. With a new export this is hopefully solved.

You could open the GEDCOM file with a text editor, scroll down to the record and take a look?

> Please PM me for the .ged file if needed :)

The error should be fairly obvious. Even if you have never looked at a GEDCOM file, you'll quickly spot the pattern/structure of it. If you can't, then email it to me at fisharebest@gmail.com
Should be to developers maybe. If I was able to solve it, I wouldn't have post it here sir :).

> webtrees has issues with certain individual fields from a MyHeritage .ged file
Unless you give details, I'm not sure how to help you.
I gave the details: the snippet of this 'crash'. In my opinion webtrees should be able to workaround this presumably faulty note.
Or should I create a ticket with MyHeritage for exporting a gedcom with errors.

> Control panel is now 'stuck' and I can't do anything.
You can either delete this tree, or import another GEDCOM file. The other functions for this tree won't work until there is a complete tree.
That's the other issue. I'm really stuck. All menu items are not accessible. Each menu item I click in the control panel menu, will load ../webtrees/admin_trees_manage.php and thus present this error. So I'm in a loop.

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by fisharebest
> I gave the details: the snippet of this 'crash'. In my opinion webtrees should be able to workaround this presumably faulty note.

You have reported two problems.
(1) invalid GEDCOM
(2) webtrees does not recognise some MyHeritage tags.

Unless you show us the relevant parts of the GEDCOM file or give more details, we cannot help.

You can email the file to me.

> That's the other issue. I'm really stuck. All menu items are not accessible. Each menu item I click in the control panel menu, will load ../webtrees/admin_trees_manage.php and thus present this error. So I'm in a loop.

All the other functions require an imported GEDCOM file. You are redirected here because none of the other functions will work until you fix it.

Greg Roach - greg@subaqua.co.uk - @fisharebest@phpc.social - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• boppex
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #5 by boppex
I was able to create a second tree and import the gedcom. I had removed the culprit from the gedcom.
The only issue I'm still facing is that the first tree is still containing the error.

How do I remove that?
To me it 'looks like' the initial faulty gedcom is buffered somewhere.
Attachments:

• fisharebest
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 5 months ago #6 by fisharebest
> To me it 'looks like' the initial faulty gedcom is buffered somewhere.

It is buffered in the table wt_gedcom_chunk in the database.

Delete the contents of this table.

• boppex
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #7 by boppex
Thank you.