Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe :
This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.8). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."
  • Page :

SUJET :

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #21

• lmsmicro
  • Portrait de lmsmicro Auteur du sujet
  • Visiteur
  • Visiteur
I am successful in the 1st page, but as usual it is stalling on page2,

and yes I have MySQL setup. The name of the DB is "webtrees"

My change for this installation restart was I deleted the original webtrees folder, then copied the .zip file into the HTML folder and unzipped it.
after that step I logged onto bitvise then into the server, then manually changed all of the chmod parameters for data and everything inside to 777 security level
Pièces jointes :

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #22

Nothing seems absurd here... i'll spin up a Fedora 24 in Amazon hopefully later today and try installing it under your conditions.

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #23

• lmsmicro
  • Visiteur
  • Visiteur
I downloaded my version of Fedora from Fedoraproject.org which changed to the link below

getfedora.org/en/server/

Keep in mind that this is also running as a virtual machine within Virtualbox. On top of Fedora 24 Workstation

This configuration is running on a gigabyte Brix Pro desktop, 16GB RAM, Intel solid state hard drive 384GB

Virtual box configuration is as follows:
System Memory set to 4096GB
two CPU's
Network configuration is Bridged (not NAT)
Static IP address
and the host system is a GB wired configuration.

Dernière édition: par lmsmicro.

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #24

Sounds good - i just spun one up via getfedora.org/en/cloud/download/

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #25

• lmsmicro
  • Visiteur
  • Visiteur
Also I did not add any other users except for root for this fedora server.
Everything is also command prompt with the exception of the web interface for fedora, and I also added webmin so I can configure MySQL.

Mediawiki is also successfully running on the server.

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #26

Hmm.. so i don't know what to say at this point... this is everything i just did:

. Launched a t2.micro instance in AWS's EC2 cloud with the Fedora 24 GP2 HVM image from getfedora.org/en/cloud/download/
. ssh'd in as fedora
. sudo bash'd to be root
. "dnf install" mysql, php, wget, unzip
. checked SELinux, saw it was running and Enforcing, set it to permissive:
[root@ip-172-30-0-140 fedora]# getenforce 
Enforcing
[root@ip-172-30-0-140 fedora]# setenforce 0
[root@ip-172-30-0-140 fedora]# getenforce 
Permissive
[root@ip-172-30-0-140 fedora]# 

. then:
cd /var/www/html
wget launchpad.net/webtrees/1.7/1.7.8/+download/webtrees-1.7.8.zip
unzip webtrees-1.7.8.zip
chown -R fedora webtrees
cd webtrees
chmod 444 data
service httpd start

. edited setup.php in the manner i described above (using vi, deleted lines between the two comment blocks, then copy-pasted my suggested code above)
. went to 54.186.74.239/webtrees/setup.php in a browser
. got a bunch of not-installed complaints:
PHP extension “pdo” is disabled. You cannot install webtrees until this is enabled. Please ask your server’s administrator to enable it.

PHP extension “pdo_mysql” is disabled. You cannot install webtrees until this is enabled. Please ask your server’s administrator to enable it.

PHP extension “gd” is disabled. Without it, the following features will not work: creating thumbnails of images. Please ask your server’s administrator to enable it.

PHP extension “xml” is disabled. Without it, the following features will not work: reporting. Please ask your server’s administrator to enable it.

PHP extension “simplexml” is disabled. Without it, the following features will not work: reporting. Please ask your server’s administrator to enable it.

. so then did:
dnf install php-mysqlnd
dnf install php-xml
dnf install php-gd
service httpd restart

. went back to 54.186.74.239/webtrees/setup.php in a browser; saw no complaints; clicked the Continue button and got the second page with exception spew as anticipated (SS attached).

. then:
cd ..
cp -pr webtrees wt2
cd wt2
chmod 777 data

. went to 54.186.74.239/wt2/setup.php
. clicked continue; got a fine second page asking me now for DB connection details

I'll keep it running until noon pacific time just in case you want to click through yourself: 54.186.74.239/webtrees/setup.php & 54.186.74.239/wt2/setup.php
Pièces jointes :

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #27

• lmsmicro
  • Visiteur
  • Visiteur
I think you may have solved it for me. You added another user called fedora.

I will see if that will also work for me, currently I do not have a 2nd user listed on my server.

I only have root as my main and only user on the system.

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #28

Technically, i did nothing more than i stated. Fedora makes its Amazon dist have a fedora user so you ssh in as that user and not root; the fedora user is then in the sudoers file. CentOS does this too - as they are in the sudoers.

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #29

• lmsmicro
  • Visiteur
  • Visiteur
I followed your steps, and I still cannot get past the blank page 2. I am going to check something else and see if that works.

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #30

I know you already have stuff installed, so it's probably not as easy as "start from a fresh install" - but that's what i would do, given the < 20 minutes from start to finish with the fresh distro i did which was successful.

It's also weird that the distro they make for the cloud has SELinux running and enforced, and your distro had it disabled... :- ?

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #31

• lmsmicro
  • Visiteur
  • Visiteur
Out of shits and grins I thought I would load PhpGedView and it was successful. The only thing I have to do is work on that stupid time zone stuff. I have no idea why I am having a hard time in loading webtrees.

PhpGedView just loaded without any problems. I followed the configuration setup and bang, It is up and running.

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #32

Totally cursed.

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #33

• lmsmicro
  • Visiteur
  • Visiteur
SeLinux was set to enforcing and I went through a few websites and found where I could disable it. and as you seen with the snapshots. It is still disabled and like I mentioned before I am not going to have this website out in the open. I am only going to use it internally. My relatives are not interested in assisting in the upkeep and I want to use it to help build my Wife's family list. So with some $$$ and ancestry world I will be compiling a .GED for her daughters and their children to view and build off.

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #34

If we're at the stage of trying anything at this point:

. should not matter at all, but turn on SELinux and set it to permissive, instead of disabling
. not familiar with PhpGedView, but it also had a data / uploads directory (i assume it must)? have you tried uploading something to it? (i ask because even though it is up and running, maybe its setup does not check the write-ability of its data directory like the setup of webtrees does..?)
. have you tried making a directory in the webroot that is 777 and a php file in the webroot that just writes something to that directory? (to see if all PHP is doing this v. webtrees only)

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #35

• lmsmicro
  • Visiteur
  • Visiteur
I agree with totally cursed :( and as you mentioned I did do a complete dump and reload of webtrees and still had problems. What is the difference between webtrees and PhpGedView for configuration except for some detailed configuration instructions/ troubleshooting instructions.

When PhpGedView was in the building phases I was actually communicating with the creator and one of the programmers that was in Europe. I know that the programmer in Europe eventually came stateside for a few items but I lost touch with both of them (creator and programmer) I came up with the idea and had some code for the PDF printouts which I also gave to the coder.

Dernière édition: par lmsmicro.

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #36

• ToyGuy
  • Portrait de ToyGuy
  • Modérateur
  • Modérateur
  • Live like it's Christmas every day - Santa Stephen
John (the author with his students) has not worked on PGV in years.
It is no longer being developed. The only changes are necessary patches to fix (some) security issues and to work with newer (but not new) PHP.
IIRCC, the CONFIG file in PGV was not in the /data folder as it is with webtrees. If PGV is working, it would indicate you are having an issue with the permissions on the /data folder in webtrees, or with a .htaccess file. JMHO.
Santa Stephen the Fabled Santa
Latest webtrees at MyArnolds.com
Hosted by webtreesonline.com , a division of GeneHosts LLC
MacOS 10.6.8, Apache 2.2+, PHP 5.4.16, MySQL 5.5.28

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #37

• lmsmicro
  • Visiteur
  • Visiteur
I only changed the .htaccess inside the /data folder to 777. I am going to run through this again. I will wipe out webtrees, the webtrees database, then reboot the VM.

then I will log into the system as the user not the root user. since this is going to be a local server not for the internet I will also load the development files for the kernel, php and what ever else may be needed.

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #38

While it can't hurt to nuke those things and install dev tools, i'm not sure it would help and i wonder whether you might consider installing a fresh distro. I know you installed at least Mediawiki - but i don't know whether you've populated it with anything yet which would add a complication to wiping out the current OS.

Truly, the 15-ish minutes i spent are chronicled in the step by step i presented; if you have an Amazon account, you could set up your own in their cloud in similar time just to prove it to yourself that it works.

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #39

• lmsmicro
  • Visiteur
  • Visiteur
I will give that a try. But I also have a higher priority to do. and that is purchasing a house and moving next 3 weeks.

Oops! webtrees was unable to create files in this il y a 4 ans 9 mois #40

Good luck -- i'll be around... (dealing with 5.5 month old twins here..)

• Page :
Propulsé par Kunena