Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe :
This Help forum is for issues relates to the latest release (1.7.8). For issues related to beta or github version please use their own Help forum.
Before asking for help please read "How to request help" by clicking on that tab above here."
  • Page :

SUJET :

Weird Image location problem il y a 4 ans 8 mois #1

• potain
  • Portrait de potain Auteur du sujet
  • Nouveau membre
  • Nouveau membre
I can't fathom what is causing this problem (webtrees, xampp or windows 7) so will appreciate some advice.

For the images that I want to use in the HTML block on my Home page, I created an images folder - xampp\htdocs\webtrees\images (don't want to upload to the media folder as not relvant to the genealogy) Added a png image and correctly refered to it in the URL hrml image properties (images/mypic.png) and it shows up OK.

Something however keeps mysteriously deleting the actual images folder - have copied it over a couple of times from a backup but it just keeps disappearing.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem, would know what could be causing it and and found a fix for it?

Thanks.
Novice in all webtrees matters and in every respect

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Dernière édition: par potain. Raison: spelling

Weird Image location problem il y a 4 ans 8 mois #2

• fisharebest
  • Portrait de fisharebest
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur
Upgrades in webtrees have been kept as simple as possible - just upload the new files.

But this means that old files that are no longer needed do not get deleted. Having old code/files present can often be a security risk. Therefore webtrees will delete all files/folders that were part of previous releases, and are no longer used.

In webtrees 1.0 - 1.2, there was a folder "images". So, webtrees 1.3 and later will remove this folder.

Just choose a different folder name.
Greg Roach - Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

Weird Image location problem il y a 4 ans 8 mois #3

• potain
  • Portrait de potain Auteur du sujet
  • Nouveau membre
  • Nouveau membre
Good to know that there is a simple explanation and solution to my query.

Have created a "pics" folder and so far it has survived, let's hope that it will if and when future upgrades are implemeted.

As an aside, not to complicate matters but as an experiment, I copied the pics folder and the png by itself to the data folder in the belief that if located there upgrades would not affect it (read that somewhere in the forum) but CKeditor would not recoginise the location (data/mypic1.png, data/pics/mypic1.png) with the big white cross and red backgroung in the preview of the image.

It is allowed to read and write the data directory?
Novice in all webtrees matters and in every respect

Dernière édition: par potain. Raison: spelling

Weird Image location problem il y a 4 ans 8 mois #4

• fisharebest
  • Portrait de fisharebest
  • Administrateur
  • Administrateur
> It is allowed to read and write the data directory?

The data folder should be private.

It contains, for example, GEDCOM files.

You do not want visitors to access these files.

Therefore the /data/ folder contains a ".htaccess" file to block access.

Not all webservers support .htaccess. For others, you can move the /data/ folder to a location that is not accessible to the webserver.
Greg Roach - Cette adresse e-mail est protégée contre les robots spammeurs. Vous devez activer le JavaScript pour la visualiser. - fisharebest.webtrees.net

• Page :
Propulsé par Kunena